Author Topic: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6  (Read 4484 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 12:25:45 PM »
I was going to get Final Cut, the updated version that is supposedly“easy” to learn for use For a beginner.
Do you guys think that Davinci would be as accessible for a non tech user?

It is easier and more intuitive than Premiere or Final Cut, more robust than either, and it is all in one.  This guy is excellent.  He will get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk1iLsYytDE

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »
Thanks a lot guys, I’m gonna check it out.
Some of that color and RAW jargon flew right past me. 

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 02:55:11 PM »
Sweet replies. Some in he know video editors here!
  I tried DaVinci a while back and I think I ditched it because it left a watermark. But now that Admin tossed me the insider scoop def gonna dwnld and try to rock a few edits. My Premiere will expire in a few weeks and I'm def not paying to edit my sophomoric vids. I have Cyberlink PowerDirector13 on my laptop along w/an add-on pack I purchased for it. It's a pretty consumer grade product but it has alot to offer.

I don't think the Fairlight 5-Bay Console will fit in my office ::)  I'd look cool.....
Those editing consoles on the DaVinci sight are amazing looking. Editing on a laptop w/fingerpad takes ALOT of patience!

Great video & Perfect tune (yours I assume).
It's hard justify the cost of Premiere with the results you're getting with current toolbox.
Thanx on my results. That tune is off a chillout CD I have. Love chillout music.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 07:55:53 PM »
Final cut is pretty to use. Very dynamic and a lot of stuff happens without you knowing about it making it really responsive if you have a fast computer and hard drives. . It is a bit different than all of the other non-linear editing systems (avid, premiere, davinci resolve, etc.,) but I enjoyed learning it and editing in it. Some editors swear by it.

Resolve is probably a steeper learning curve; but the editing part of it pretty much the same as other editors. I've heard it said that it is easier to learn than Premiere, as it has less legacy elements within it. And certainly easier than Avid. And it is free to start out with (although technically FCPX has a free version called iMovie)

Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 08:41:44 PM »
Final cut is pretty to use. Very dynamic and a lot of stuff happens without you knowing about it...  Some editors swear by it.

Only Mac people swear about it ;D
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 05:56:16 AM »
a lot of them swore off of it when they replaced 7 with X. But I still know professional editors who love it.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

sflinux

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 07:57:58 AM »
I used Adobe Premiere 6.0 a long long time ago (Win2k).  I really liked it.  Later I switched to mac and learned FCP.  I preferred the audio editor in Adobe Premiere to FCP.  Mo Freitas is using Adobe Premiere.  Over the years, I tried what was available on linux but never found anything better than FCP (powerpc).  My main complaint with video editing software is the hurdle I find when starting a new project.  In between my last project, their may be new hardware, new operating system.  Often what happens is incompatibility.  Or a major upgrade in the software, which requires a learning curve.  My preferred OS is linux, so I am excited to see that DaVinci runs on it (as well as Mac/Win).  I will definitely try Davinci for my next editing project.  Thanks for the recommendation.
Quiver Shaped by: Joe Blair, Blane Chambers, Jimmy Lewis, Kirk McGinty, and Bob Pearson.
Me: 200#, 6'2"

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 07:33:48 AM »
Coupla short clips off my HP Envy.
"Perfect SOLOSHOT Video" is my edit out of PowerDirector. I've yet to dwnld and install Davinci.
''Days In Long Beach Twp" was generated by WINDOWS10 drawing from all my media on it's own.
It's like the fifth one to do that in a year. Amazing AI tech.
Drone footage came from a friend.

Perfect SOLOSHOT Video
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1feGAxKbspbQYIwW8hIfnsX6gbUvvX7fA

Days In Long Beach Twp
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10B4SMzvgaF10BbaBd5-LZ1H7ra6jWgV8
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal