Author Topic: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6  (Read 4487 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:15:46 PM »
Anybody using it? I had it on my desktop pc for yrs but when it finally went so did my copy of Premiere. So I downloaded an old trial ver of it the other day and gave it a go. Took a while to remember a bunch of the functions as it's a deep piece of editing software. But I had some fun trying a glitch effect. Also learned how to edit a grid to center and straighten horizon. Another technique I learned a while ago is time remapping and temporal smoothing for transitions in and out of fast/slo-motion clips.
Skooling it again and whittlin' away at my GBs of raw footage.

Hope ya like, Zoners! THANX!  8)

https://youtu.be/IU_jOdIT2Bk

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:06:47 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 08:30:40 PM »
I bet you have Gig's full of raw footage with that SoloShot. I have a ton of GoPro video as well that I haven't even touched. It's a time sucker. I've never used the Premier Pro software. 

Nice mellow and cold looking sessions.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:40:52 AM »
Hi SC,

Blackmagic stole the game from Premiere a few years ago when they made Davinci Resolve Free.  It is easy to get started and...well, check it out.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 04:17:27 AM »
Nice winter sup surfing video. Enjoyed watching it along with listening to the background music.

Thanks for sharing it.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 05:44:48 AM »
Great video! If you are on Mac try Final Cut X. Beats the crap out of Adobe offering. Frankly I am a little irritated with adobe offerings as of lately and I use their stuff daily.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 06:12:55 AM »
Great video! If you are on Mac try Final Cut X. Beats the crap out of Adobe offering. Frankly I am a little irritated with adobe offerings as of lately and I use their stuff daily.

^^+1

Great video & Perfect tune (yours I assume).
It's hard justify the cost of Premiere with the results you're getting with current toolbox.
in progress...

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 07:34:12 AM »

You really should try Davinci.  I have Final Cut and Premiere and never touch either any more.  A few years back Davinci was 100K to buy.  Then it was purchased by Blackmagic an overnight it was offered free.  It is a shocking piece of software.

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 07:44:05 AM »

You really should try Davinci.  I have Final Cut and Premiere and never touch either any more.  A few years back Davinci was 100K to buy.  Then it was purchased by Blackmagic an overnight it was offered free.  It is a shocking piece of software.

Thanks for the tip. They still want money for collaboration and 3D features, but the free version looks pretty impressive for amateur editing to produce some pretty slick videos.
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 08:33:10 AM »
Hi Ride,

The free version is ready for full productions.  It outpaces the paid competition in so many ways (native RAW editing being a big one).  Color correction is in a league of its own.  I would strongly suggest that you download it.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 08:40:29 AM »
Hi Ride,

The free version is ready for full productions.  It outpaces the paid competition in so many ways (native RAW editing being a big one).  Color correction is in a league of its own.  I would strongly suggest that you download it.

Thx for the tip! Definitely something to explore.
in progress...

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 09:11:49 AM »
I am a Davinci Colorist, and the editing tools have really come a long way. And its free, or $300 with nothing to buy ever. It has decent audio tools, editing, of course color and now VFX. And what you learn in Davinci Resolve is easily translatable to any editing software..
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 10:25:58 AM »
I was going to get Final Cut, the updated version that is supposedly“easy” to learn for use For a beginner.
Do you guys think that Davinci would be as accessible for a non tech user?

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »
I don't think the Fairlight 5-Bay Console will fit in my office ::)  I'd look cool.....

Thanks for the tip Admin. I'm downloading it now. Looks like a monster. So many programs to learn...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:45:50 AM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 11:03:37 AM »
I was going to get Final Cut, the updated version that is supposedly“easy” to learn for use For a beginner.
Do you guys think that Davinci would be as accessible for a non tech user?

You can learn anything. Davinci is amazing if you are going for some creative color grading and mask tracking. I just don't see the need of learning it unless you are an aspiring colorist. I think what will make a video standout in our case is some awesome transitions or effects which are probably easier with FCPX and some 3 party plugins. Give it a try and see what you like the best. Unless you shoot RED cams in RAW then def Davinci for colors :)
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

skibike

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 11:26:30 AM »
Hi Ride,

Unless Im doing something wrong, I couldnt even get Davinci to edit a GoPro HEVC file...big disappointment when even the old Windows Movie editor could.
L41 ST SIMSUP - 7'2 X 28" - 92L

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal