Author Topic: Longboard Style SUP: Yes, but wich one?  (Read 6607 times)

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Longboard Style SUP: Yes, but wich one?
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2019, 10:34:45 PM »
SUPs are stupid money now....I point blank refuse to pay the top cash for these boards....I always go for the cheaper option...you can still get really good boards at “reasonable” prices.

Especially averse to paying list when when you see last years model marked down significantly, and years previous to that marked down 40-50%.
It’s the wide price range in Europe that flummoxes me. For instance an Infinity New Deal longboard SUP is the equivalent of 2350 US dollars, whereas a Gong Zero longboard SUP (which is full carbon and PVC sandwich) is only 1132 US Dollars.  How can one board be literally *twice* the price of the other, especially when the materials used in the cheaper board will be, if anything, more costly than the more expensive one?

supnsurf

• Malibu Status
  • San Clemente , Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2019, 07:58:45 AM »
Pearson Arrow Makes good longboard SUPs
Infinity New Deal 9'6"
Rawson 8'8" Impala
Fanatic All Wave 9'4"
Creek 9'4"
L41 8'8"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2019, 08:23:43 AM »
A10, yes the Gong pricing is very competetive.  The Freak 115 (proper noserider at 9'2"x28 3/4" and 115 l) is looking really good at 999€ (or $1,130).  It looks like they will be releasing it mid May.

As they moved into a new warehouse location, Infinity just had a huge sale last month and New Deals were going for around $1200 including shipping.  Timing is everything.