General > Training, Diet, and Fitness

FSA HSA and HRA Compliant

(1/4) > >>

Bean:
As I'm looking for a new distance board, I noticed a board manufacturer had the words, "FSA and HRA Compliant" on their website.  Could it be?

So I checked the general rules:

Exercise equipment is eligible for reimbursement with a Letter of Medical Necessity (LMN) with a flexible spending account (FSA), health savings account (HSA) or a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA).

...This includes treadmills, weights, and more. Exercise equipment must be used to treat a specific medical condition in order to be considered eligible for reimbursement. Exercise equipment used for general health and wellbeing is not eligible for reimbursement.

... Examples of specific medical conditions for which a doctor may prescribe exercise equipment include obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and more. Weight loss plans alone are not an acceptable reason for reimbursing the cost of exercise equipment.

Has anyone had first hand experience with this? 

stoneaxe:
Well that's interesting.....balance therapy for sure..... :)

eastbound:
sup as unreimbursed med expense--love it---never mattered with 2% of agi--but hey, my new starby is gon be pricey! even zoner discounted by jimK--and, if my income plummets!

Bean:
Generally, FSA,HSA,HRA etc, are “above the line” deductions

Bean:
So, here is how it worked for me.  With my high deductible HC plan, I have an Health Savings Account, (HSA) that is funded with pre tax money, set up to cover our ginormous medical deductible as well as other non-covered medical expenses.   

My cholesterol levels are now higher than ever since I stopped flatwater paddling last fall.  Accordingly, my doc has written a scrip (a letter of medical neccessity), so I can reimburse myself the cost of the "equipment" from my HSA. 

I ordered a new 14 x 25 BF from Infinity which should be arriving today.  In fact, I got this idea from the Infinity web site, they state FSA HSA Eligible.

https://infinity-sup.com/products/blackfish?variant=19211366957167. 

It's not all roses, if my cholesterol levels do not abate within 6 weeks from diet changes and excercise, I will have to start taking statins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version