Stand Up Paddle > Sessions

Surfin' the Gulf West Florida

(1/3) > >>

Scallop:
Yes you can.....

I thought I'd share the stoke for a back to work Monday. It doesn't get any nicer here for the winter. Just a great winter morning here in the Sunshine on the Gulf.

The front came through late Friday as expected. Short boarders found some faces in the wind blown stuff Saturday, then yesterday was the glassy leftover swell I was looking for. 48 air temp, 69 water, wind 0 at the start in the early morning. Not a cloud in the sky and warmed up through the morning. Clean swell on the incoming tide. It was a little taller at one point but the photographer wife was off shelling and didn't get any shots.

She also missed the smallest wave nose ride cross step ever on that one shot, I was proud of that one :)

Waiting on the next front to do it again. Maybe next time I can report on the new ride that's incoming. Y'all have a good one.

rbgar:
Thats pretty good for the Gulf! Ive spent allot of time in the Marco/Naples/Sanibel area, mostly kiteboarding the fronts, where are you?
Cheers

eastbound:
hey rg,

just back from naples yesterday--resolved that next time down there i will take private kiting lessons with a good teacher--saw 10-25 knots on the water, from apt at bay colony, wed-sat--need action when visiting family there--what waves occasionally turn up there wont cut it for me, certainly not sufficient to keep a board there--hell the board i keep at sebastian inlet rarely gets used---but that's another story--there is wind in FL, and i may be retiring, and have lotsa time suddenly--kiting will fill the windy non-surfable days with fun, up here in brooklyn, and in FL.

since you brought up naples, and seem to be multi-water-sport, can you reco a good teacher with good gear, etc, near bay colony in naples?

THX

surfercook:
Nice FL Gulf sesh! Always wanted to scratch that place off the bucket list. Too bad about the beach combing fotog though!

One word....SOLOSHOT! Amazing device.

https://soloshot.com/

rbgar:
must learn to kite board!!! contact Enrique Gianello in Naples, he can take care of you.

https://www.facebook.com/windstalkers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version