General > The Shape Shack

Sling to Weigh Surf Boards

(1/3) > >>

Beasho:
Has anyone found an elegant way to WEIGH surfboards?

Weighing your surfboards can great to identify when they may be taking on water sooner rather than later. 

I have a 200 lbs capacity scale hanging from the ceiling that I used to weigh my Foil Board.  But it is just 6' 6" long and can be hung vertically.

It would be nice to have some sort of sling to slide surfboards into that could hang from a similar hook and stow/pack away quickly. 

Badger:
I use a bathroom scale. I calibrate it with a 20 lb barbell weight. Then I stand the board on the scale tail down.

RideTheGlide:
Digital bathroom scale and math. I have checked it by weighing myself and then me with a couple of different dumbbells and the math worked. So I have weighed awkward things by carrying them and stepping on the scale and subtracting my weight, which I get right then as it varies from day to day and depending on what I am wearing.

PonoBill:
Lab scale, stand it on the nose. Mine goes to 50 pounds. Great for mixing epoxy also.

surfcowboy:
Yeah the digital bathroom scale is good. Also, probably not accurate enough to let you tweak out over a pound or so. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version