Author Topic: Wetstuff Fleeces  (Read 2389 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Wetstuff Fleeces
« on: December 31, 2018, 03:46:25 PM »
Merry Christmas to me from Wetstuff! I think buying the Gulliver Vee-Box off him was THE most joyful Craig's List transaction ever. So much gear he has tossed my way. You are truly the Santa Clause of surf and sup, Wetstuff.
Today some beautiful fleece gear arrived which I'm assuming is to be worn under the wetsuit. Also maybe when the arctic air arrives and I hve to bundle up multiple layers to check the surf.Nice and soft. He had given me a heads up the fleeces were going to arrive and when they showed today I thought it was for my son. Nice surprise when he finally came home and we opened the package together only to discover it was indeed another Wetstuff package.
Thanx, Jim!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:19:06 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
Re: Wetstuff Fleeces
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 04:13:16 PM »
I still have some Wetstuff fleece shirts that are about 20 years old and still going strong, amazing quality.  I actually wore my long sleeve fleece this morning, it's a bit chilly in Hawaii.
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:34:03 AM »
It's the least I can do, Marc  ...'The Guit' - after selling you that V-Box.  I could no more stand on it than the head of a pin. (I'm afraid to ask you...)  I got rid of my fancy machines and tried selling the surplus cloth, but nobody sews much in this country anymore...

Ya, Robert - thanks. That was the cool part, it stays wet when warm.  One of my locals after a duck dive will wring out the cap, put it back on ..it's warm again. His follicle population is pretty sparse. I made some 100wt, quarter zip LSs that I wear working in the woods and they take a beating without an issue.   Robert - I know where you live. 

Have a good '19.  Cheers.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 02:55:55 PM »
Couldn't agree more.... wetstuff is the master of "pay it forward" ... and great quality at that!
Thanks Jim, for all you do!

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 10:14:37 AM »
Nice of you to say, Ricky.  I dare say, speaking of the here-n-here, you're nearly a one-man forum flotation device. 

I am constantly amazed how many opinions there are — yet so little input beyond the keyboard.  If you rap on about some board or paddle ...at least take a couple of pictures of it; show us the fins that make your top turns so perfect  ..the paddle that doesn't wobble (forgot the word)... the C'hit condition you endure. 

Up the game for 2019, or this will be like radio talk stations were a dozen regulars are the only people calling.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 04:00:58 PM »
Here's all I got from Portugal today:

Surf was ok but lumpy... but I had no paddles.

I had removed the blades, to avoid damage in the board bag.
The heat gun I brought to reassemble them, wouldn't work on the converter I have.

So the boards sat on my patio, while I hiked a few beaches and learned some breaks.

Pretty darn stoked with the way this adventure is unfolding, I will start a thread on it when I have some pics and info.

ps... no SUPs to be seen anywhere.
I plan to upset that balance  ;D ;D

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »
Woah! That surf looks for real! Be quick, Rick! Too bad about the heat gun. My sup travel bag has an exterior pocket for the paddle. No need to disassemble. Good luck getting urs back togeth. I'd have been frothing to get out! Me and the wife are def drawn to Portugal. Looks amazing, keep the pics comin!!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 02:15:55 PM »
Looks nice Creek.  I have been able to re-assemble hot glued paddles using a hair dryer, maybe your place has one, it gets hotter if you cover part of the air intake.  I have been looking for a small heat gun that works with both 110V and 220V but have not found anything available.
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
Rick, how did you pack your boards ? they got there in one piece. 
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

ron.c

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 04:21:06 AM »
Rick you made it!

Please give us a travel log!

RC

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal