Author Topic: 2019 SIC Catalog  (Read 33295 times)

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
2019 SIC Catalog
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »
https://issuu.com/supnorte/docs/2019_sic_cat8.31_print

Notice the RS 14x21.5. They also seems to have a more attractive sup surf models.
in progress...

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
Re: 2019 SIC Catalog
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:46:24 PM »
I saw that a couple of months ago. I'm drooling over the Okeanos.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 04:57:09 PM »

Looking good indeed. Which one you're going for?
in progress...

easy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 07:17:54 PM »
I'm still patiently waiting for my 16 x 24 RS 's  to be finished in Maui.  I guess they will be 2019's

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 07:38:38 PM »
I'm still patiently waiting for my 16 x 24 RS 's  to be finished in Maui.  I guess they will be 2019's

Hope you'll make it to the islands with boards on board ;) would be an awesome backdrop for the reveal.

They weren't kidding when they say they're slammed with work, I had to make my board elsewhere because
of the timeframe.
in progress...

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »

The big one. Looks like a great river cruiser. I don't know if I'm going to get one, but I want one!

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 09:06:34 PM »

The big one. Looks like a great river cruiser. I don't know if I'm going to get one, but I want one!

Maybe you'll  finally retire the old NSP. This one would be much nicer for river downwinders by the looks of it.
in progress...

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 09:10:01 AM »
SIC seems to have a fairly good line-up (if on the high volume side of boards). I also like the fairly minimalist approach of Naish - one board to do it all the Maliko :-) and one Touring board (not sure how goo it is)  but their sup surf line-up is quite extensive.
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »
SIC seems to have a fairly good line-up (if on the high volume side of boards). I also like the fairly minimalist approach of Naish - one board to do it all the Maliko :-) and one Touring board (not sure how goo it is)  but their sup surf line-up is quite extensive.

+1

I wish SIC did some lower volume version of the RS. Some of the women I know who ride it say it's too much board, I feel the same way.
See you finally gave up your Bark. I guess the Maliko is too good to justify it.
in progress...

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 10:14:17 AM »
See you finally gave up your Bark. I guess the Maliko is too good to justify it.

With mixed feelings :-)
The Vapor is a little bit more stable and relaxed in harsh side chop/side wind conditions but it is slower for general use.
Once I figured out how to downwind the Maliko in bigger conditions, there was really not enough differences overall to warrant keeping the two.
It is going to a good home, with a friend that retired on one of our island and there is a trade Naish Nalu plus cash going to me. So all good and keeping our SUP community with different boards for everybody.
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
They have huge volumes. Dunno why. My 12'6" 404 V3 - at a wiiide 26.5 - is only 227 liters or so.

I am a small guy. Can't imagine what it would be like to add a bizallion liters. Sloooowly I suspect.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 12:29:20 PM »

Maybe you'll  finally retire the old NSP. This one would be much nicer for river downwinders by the looks of it.

I'd love to, Burchas. I don't see myself getting a $1.5K board any time soon, unfortunately. My new job is a hell of a lot less stressful, but the pay is lower. We also got into a big financial hole over the last year, so we're going to need to dig out.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
...My new job is a hell of a lot less stressful...

Glad to hear that! 2019 might prove to bring some good Karma. If everything aligns, I can see something
coming your way...
in progress...

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 06:18:58 PM »
I've put in plenty of Karma points, so maybe. I'm certainly drooling over the new models. I bit by the cruising bug after that 95 mile trip last year. I want to do MORE! I even got a lightweight tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad for Christmas. It would be great to cruise the Adirondacks on something new and shiny, but you gotta ride what you got.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 06:54:33 PM »

+1

I wish SIC did some lower volume version of the RS. Some of the women I know who ride it say it's too much board, I feel the same way.
The SIC RS is a rival for the All Star, and the All Star is hugely more volume than the RS. So I don’t understand this statement. The latest 14x26 All Star is 360L!!!!

If a person likes a low volume board then they can buy a Maliko or a Sidewinder. But some paddlers here on the zone (eg. ukgm) have actually complained that the SIC RS has too *little* volume. One advantage of higher volume boards is that they can take a wider weight range of paddler, and also quite often a full volume nose and tail can be pretty effective upwind. I paddled the RS and Maliko back to back in about 20 knots on a river and upwind the RS was noticeably faster. The All Star is very good upwind too. (With bigger upwind ocean bumps I suspect the Maliko would fare much better). So it just depends what you want out of your board, and how heavy you are. The average US Male weighs around 196lbs (89kgs). Carrying that weight, I suspect a mid-size (eg. 14x26) Maliko would not be very efficient in choppy water. Whereas a paddler of that weight on an All Star or RS 14x26 I suspect would have no problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal