Author Topic: Daytona Beach, January, 2/3 or 3/4 wetsuit  (Read 3948 times)

RideTheGlide

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Daytona Beach, January, 2/3 or 3/4 wetsuit
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »

I paddled at Amelia Island today in a 3mm farmer John and a rash top and was toasty warm, but air temp was in the 70s. Water was around 60.

Cocoa Beach was 85, with 73 water temp. No rubber needed. Dreamy-awesome foiling.

When the sun came out strongest in the early afternoon, a few people waded in with just swimsuits. They would usually get back out pretty quick after cooling off. A couple were boogie boarding for a few minutes at a time, just catching a couple of short rides from the first bar to shore.

I drove down a fair distance for a weekend family visit. I had been meaning to get down there for some time and I badly wanted to paddle my new board. Two birds with one stone made it worth it. I have a rough average for driving I-95  - 30 minutes (1 hour round trip) for each degree F (average high air temp). I drove about 15 hours round trip to paddle in upper 60s instead of low 50s on Saturday and mid to upper 70s on Sunday instead of ~60. It also stayed nearer the high for more of the day, which is a big difference.

And now that I am home and it was another soggy mostly cool weekend here and I have a slightly sunburned faced from the beach, it's totally worth it.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:12:52 PM by RideTheGlide »
2017 GoPlus 9'9"
2018 Hydro-Force fastblast 12'6"
2019 BKC 12'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal