Author Topic: Oahu - Surf along north facing shores will be 40 to 60 feet today and tonight  (Read 1777 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
I've never see a forecast like this before

Surf Forecast for O`ahu

NWS   All NOAA

SURF ZONE FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
424 AM HST SUN FEB 10 2019

OAHU-
424 AM HST SUN FEB 10 2019

HIGH SURF WARNING FOR NORTH AND WEST FACING SHORES

Surf along north facing shores will be 40 to 60 feet today and tonight, lowering to 25 to 35 feet Monday.

Surf along west facing shores will be 30 to 40 feet today and tonight, lowering to 16 to 22 feet Monday.

Surf along east facing shores will be 4 to 7 feet with much higher waves along shorelines with a north exposure through Monday.

Surf along south facing shores will be rising to 3 to 6 feet today, then lower to 2 to 3 feet Monday.

Outlook through Sunday February 17: Extraordinary large and disorganized surf will cause life- threatening conditions in the surf zone along north and west facing shores through tonight. Unprecedented coastal inundation is also possible along north and west facing shores as ocean water surges and sweeps over beaches and adjacent coastal areas today and tonight. Surf will decrease on Monday, but the low may deliver a large northeast swell for Tuesday night into Thursday. This northeast swell may bring warning level surf to east facing shores.

Surf heights are forecast heights of the face, or front, of waves. The surf forecast is based on the significant wave height, the average height of the one third largest waves, at the locations of the largest breakers. Some waves may be more than twice as high as the significant wave height. Expect to encounter rip currents in or near any surf zone.

https://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/pages/SRF.php

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
and with winds to match so not much surfing action i think

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Yup. it's a bit blustery at my house. It would be a good geek day if the power didn't keep going off.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Word is the buoys can’t register the true swell height. It’s over run them. Crazy storm.

Heard that big offshore reef off Kauai might hit 150’ faces. Can’t wait to heard what is observed over the next couple of days as reports come in.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:35:25 AM by surfcowboy »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
The biggest swell I've seen in years today, accompanied by winds above 60 at my house. Crazy day. My pool looks like vegetable soup--the monkeypods lost half their leaves. Our roof is massive tile, the wind was rattling it all day and making the house creak. Had to lock the sliding doors or they slid open. We were out of power until two hours ago. Very good response by MECO, they must have had lines down everywhere.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal