Author Topic: Sic Maui triton or carve  (Read 3462 times)

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sic Maui triton or carve
« on: December 26, 2018, 05:51:41 AM »
Anybody use a Sic Maui triton 8’2” or a carve 8’6”? They are on sale on their website and I wondering if anybody has feedback. They look pretty great. Although the carve pin tail might not be so good for the northeast beach breaks that I frequent. https://youtu.be/TiNn-xVeOZY
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sic Maui triton or carve
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »
Never seen one in person. JL also runs 50% off on some boards http://jimmylewis.com/50th-anniversary-sale/ I got supertech 8.8 for FL waves. On the truck for delivery tomorrow. Crazy price  8)
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

supnorte

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP Norte
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »
I had the Triton 8'2 and did a couple of sessions on the Carve 8'6. I weight around 72 kg and now I'm surfing with a 85 liters board (and dropping to 78 soon).
I really like the Triton but it had way to much volume for me (I'm the SIC Maui distributor for Portugal). It's a performance board, fast and great for tight turns and the construction is solid (compared to the Carve you'll get more on the constrution on the Triton).

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 05:22:13 AM »
Never seen one in person. JL also runs 50% off on some boards http://jimmylewis.com/50th-anniversary-sale/ I got supertech 8.8 for FL waves. On the truck for delivery tomorrow. Crazy price  8)
Wow. Surf tech looks like a lot of board for me. Maybe the Kwad or the World Wide might fit in with my mushy northeast waves.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 05:24:01 AM »
I had the Triton 8'2 and did a couple of sessions on the Carve 8'6. I weight around 72 kg and now I'm surfing with a 85 liters board (and dropping to 78 soon).
I really like the Triton but it had way to much volume for me (I'm the SIC Maui distributor for Portugal). It's a performance board, fast and great for tight turns and the construction is solid (compared to the Carve you'll get more on the constrution on the Triton).

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing about the construction and I read your seabreeze review. The price is almost irresistible on the carve though. I am 85kg, and a solid intermediate, so I was thinking this would be a good step down board. Either the 8'2" or the carve.
Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal