General > Training, Diet, and Fitness

Busted! (heel)

(1/3) > >>

surfafrica:
Hey geezers. It's been a while.  I've been out of action with a broken heel (serves me right for doing shit out of the water!).  I was mountain biking....had some speed....took my foot off the pedal to stabilize on a corner....a root nailed my heel and broke it into three pieces.....nasty.  That was in early October.  I was on a knee crutch for 6 weeks then regular crutches for 2 more to start introducing some weight to the foot. I started walking in December, but it's painful (but I'm making progress).  I'm hoping to be back in the water by April, but might be out until summer.  Getting back mobility in the foot and ankle will be the tricky part (at least 3-6 months of diligent rehab). 

Looking forward to being able to post again about sessions, trips, and over-analysis of gear in 2019!

Night Wing:
I can relate to an injury. Last October I injured my left knee and I'm looking forward to getting back on the water by April 1st or when the water temperature gets back to 66 degrees F which ever comes sooner of the two.

PonoBill:
Aaargh. Where's your buccaneer?

On me buckin' head.

Why do you have that tiller in your pants?

Arrgh, it's drivin' me nuts.

99.9% of my injuries have been out of the water, though my graceful transitions from water to beach have provided many opportunities.

eastbound:
see you in cr in may!

heal!

supthecreek:
Wow SA.... that sucks!

Heal well and get back out there.... I miss your posts!
At least you can shoot some pics and vids of your crew while you are rehabbing this spring.

By the way.... how many people have smashed into your foot while in the knee crutch? looks like a magnet for mishaps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version