Author Topic: New Fanatic bamboo construction  (Read 2769 times)

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
New Fanatic bamboo construction
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:42:29 PM »
Anyone using one of the new Fanatic boards with the bamboo sandwich construction?

I see they have dropped the more expensive LTD version of the Stylemaster ( used to be cheaper Pure construction too) and have one construction which is bamboo sandwich. It’s 1 kg lighter which is very impressive but also it is quite a bit cheaper than the previous ltd version.

All sounds too good to be true! 

What’s the catch?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 11:59:19 PM by coldsup »

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Re: New Fanatic bamboo construction
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 07:06:49 AM »
I don't have a clue about the specifics of what Fanatic is doing, but Bamboo has really come to the fore. 

If you can forgive the F'ing, scary scaffolding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMCZpW5fwLY

It seems to be a 'newly found' miracle material in many areas.  Dwight would probably know best, but it seems weight-strength-deflection ratios would be pretty high.

There's already SUP racing class for Bamboo we don't seem to hear about much, so maybe Fanatic is not really an 'innovator'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkiFnoINWS0

Happy new year....

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »
Ha ha, yes bamboo seems to be about the strongest natural material going....but also great for Pandas  ;D

Would be good to hear from anyone who has been using a Fanatic bamboo Stylemaster ....or any of their bamboo boards really. Ta

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 07:50:56 AM »
ColdSUP,

As you may know I have ALOT of experience with Fanatic construction. The OLD LTD (bamboo) was pretty durable a "reasonably light" but it had "Chipping issues" So as Fanatic CONSTANTLY does they were tinkering and found a better laminating resin which lightened it up (@ 1kg) but is much more durable. Then sourcing the new Resins found significant cost savings and thus the lower price. So the NEW LTD construction is even better So it was kinda a win/win

If you are interested in a KILLER ZONER DEAL on any Fantic product PM or email me or call me 484 515 5758

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing.com

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 11:28:10 AM »
ColdSUP,

As you may know I have ALOT of experience with Fanatic construction. The OLD LTD (bamboo) was pretty durable a "reasonably light" but it had "Chipping issues" So as Fanatic CONSTANTLY does they were tinkering and found a better laminating resin which lightened it up (@ 1kg) but is much more durable. Then sourcing the new Resins found significant cost savings and thus the lower price. So the NEW LTD construction is even better So it was kinda a win/win

If you are interested in a KILLER ZONER DEAL on any Fantic product PM or email me or call me 484 515 5758

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing.com

Thanks Jim....that’s very useful....wonder why other manufacturers can’t cut their costs but also produce lighter and more durable boards!

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 09:58:59 AM »
ColdSUP,

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing.com

Thanks Jim....that’s very useful....wonder why other manufacturers can’t cut their costs but also produce lighter and more durable boards!
Well, they certainly could sell us better-made products at a cheaper price. But we keep buying them anyway so we get what we deserve. There’s a company called Gong in France that makes really top quality boards (better built IMO than most of the Cobra-built boards) yet sells them at literally half the price of the big brands. How? They sell direct. So there’s no middlemen distributors each taking their 30%.

ukgm

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 01:40:01 AM »
Ha ha, yes bamboo seems to be about the strongest natural material going....but also great for Pandas  ;D

Would be good to hear from anyone who has been using a Fanatic bamboo Stylemaster ....or any of their bamboo boards really. Ta

It's been around for a long while but its taken a while for the manufacturing processes to develop to get the best from it. Hell, I even got bought underwear for Xmas made from it.

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 04:50:54 AM »

Yup, I’ve had t shirts made of it and they are superb...don’t stink, very airy and feel great. My 4 mm Xcel wettie has bamboo lining....not as warm as other lining.

It's been around for a long while but its taken a while for the manufacturing processes to develop to get the best from it. Hell, I even got bought underwear for Xmas made from it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal