Author Topic: Headline: "Medical cannabis users anxious over supply shortage"  (Read 3663 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Headline: "Medical cannabis users anxious over supply shortage"
« on: December 22, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
Does that mean they're twice as anxious?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-marijuana-legalization-sales-1.4956402

I find the placebo of 'money in my pocket' as efficacious.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

p06781

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Headline: "Medical cannabis users anxious over supply shortage"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »
They can have some of our "excess weed" ?  Short 4hr drive down from BC . 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/oregons-weed-glut-what-happens-to-excess-pot-697985/

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »
Now that it's legal to grow your own, I'm surprised that there could be a shortage anywhere.   8)
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »
I translate "shortage" as "I'm lazy and stupid".  Yes, there are remarkable variations and possibilities for hybridization and refinement but fundamentally if you can grow grass you can grow grass. When I lived in Belmont Shores a zillion years ago some of my neighbors had pocket lawns with head-high hedges around them and access only through a patio door or by slipping through the hedge. They were geezers and never set foot on the lawns. I felt it was a shame let prime real estate go unused, so I planted nice borders around the lawns--most of them made it to maturity with no attention at all. Late night harvests. Nice memory--what I can recall of it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 09:53:32 PM »
Yeah...I don't understand anyone not growing their own that needs it. For a few hundred bucks you can have a grow system that will fit in a small apartment and grow all anyone could want and then some.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 12:52:37 AM »
And anyone with a backyard can easily grow it outdoors in the summer. Ten plants could supply an entire neighborhood for a year.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 01:04:33 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 07:32:57 AM »
A whole year? Id venture to guess you dont know your neighbors as well as you think.  Hahaha

Theres a little more to it than some of you seem to think.  I do it for a living, and id love for some of you to come show me what im doing wrong, with your assumptions everybody should be rich and rollin in the weed. 

It aint easy to grow good therapeutic cannabis.  Its even harder curing and or knowing what to do with it other than smoke it in a pipe.

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 07:34:02 AM »
Oops. Double post

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 11:25:48 AM »
Well that's easy, you're working hard to do it well, most just want or need to do it. I've read your posts, you're doing sophisticated stuff. The difference between baking bread in your kitchen and building a successful bakery is huge. If you're growing your own and you don't want to smoke it, chopping it up and making brownies that taste and feel like they have a handful of grass clippings in them is no big deal. But would that work in Oregon's myriad of increasingly sophisticated pot shops? Nope.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 11:55:34 AM »
Yes, from that perspective it would be true. 

The headline was medical cannabis, and to keep the mold out is tuff, and knowing what you have is even tufferer' ;).  If you have a hormone driven cancer then you need the right ratios. 

But if you want grassy brownies, then i suppose a few seeds in spring will do you right by october. 8)

laszlo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
One of my Underwood, WA neighbors compared it to  zucchini. Everybody winds up growing more than they need. Can't hardly give it away.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 08:10:15 PM »
It was a lot easier to dispose of when it was illegal.

I was a motorcycle mechanic in Santa Clara/San Jose in the 70's, and the standard tip from a lot of people was a bag of good weed. I was a good mechanic, so I used to have suitcases of the stuff, which was a good thing because it took a lot more than today to get a buzz. My bong was a three-foot-long piece of bamboo four inches in diameter with the webs knocked out and a ceramic bowl the size of my fist. We'd stuff it full and pass it around. Did the trick, but if you did that with modern weed you'd be out before the bong made it back to you for a second hit.

My best trick was making spaghetti and meatballs. Weed ground up in a spice grinder tastes fine in a nice marinara and in meatballs. Like Oregano, only you can't have any plans after dinner.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 03:24:58 AM »
if it feels good when you ingest it, it makes you feel good--and it likely isnt harmful

xanax, zoloft, valium, halcyon, thalidomide blah blah blah
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 06:14:52 AM »
Governor Cuomo is finally coming around to legalization. It's about time. As a teacher I have to be extra careful about my extracurricular activities, so I very rarely indulge. But maybe NYS will finally join the 21st century.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2018, 07:18:42 AM »
"Nice memory--what I can recall of it."... excellent, Bill.

I live on a creek off the Nanticoke River (off Chesapeake Bay) and perhaps a decade ago there was a DEA, MD-500 based in Cambridge MD (10 flying minutes N.) that did regular IR-seeking flights over marshes and cornfields.  I got in a court fight with a crop duster (farmer's always win) ...and, I had placed black tarps on the marsh to heat-suppress Pfragmities (no); he sent the DEA over to take a look...   

There's always something interesting happen'n out-in-the-country.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal