General > Training, Diet, and Fitness

Sugar is sneaky bad....

(1/41) > >>

TallDude:
Poking around through some diet research and came across this... It's eye opening for me. Too many sweet snacks. Something has to change:(

https://news.yale.edu/2018/12/17/sugar-targets-gut-microbe-linked-lean-and-healthy-people?utm_source=YNemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=yn-12-20-18

Ichabod Spoonbill:
I know, but it tastes so good!

RideTheGlide:
Interesting. My extensive research with a sample size of one doesn't completely concur with that. I was overweight (BMI was just over 33) and out of shape until late summer of 2017, when I decided to get serious about it before I turn 60 if I wanted to improve the likelihood I will have a long and healthy retirement. I lost over 65 pounds and have a BMI under 25. Next week I will turn 60 with visible abs. Paddling SUP like a mad man during 2018 had a lot to do with this, but most of the weight comes off by consuming less than you burn, which I did. But to make it sustainable, I limited portions rather than making things off limits. I have a sweet tooth and eat a lot of sugar. Like way over the suggested limit. I had a carb heavy diet with a lot of sugar even while I was dropping weight and still do as I am now maintaining it. It is definitely possible to get lean and fit while consuming a lot of sugar, at least IME.

stoneaxe:
Does that mean I shouldn't eat the toll house cookies I'm baking....:)

TallDude:

--- Quote from: stoneaxe on December 21, 2018, 09:51:16 AM ---Does that mean I shouldn't eat the toll house cookies I'm baking....:)

--- End quote ---
"The boat is taking on water!" ...... I'll fix the bilge pump.........right after I finish these cookies. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version