Author Topic: SUP surfing course in Lisbon, Portugal  (Read 2647 times)

Lake Paddler

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
SUP surfing course in Lisbon, Portugal
« on: December 20, 2018, 04:03:15 AM »
Dear Zoners,

I am spontaneously going to Lisbon, Portugal for a few days and looking for a SUP surfing course. Is there any place or instructor that you would recommend?

BTW, I read about Tiago's Mauka Lodge in other threads but 50 min drive from Lisbon is a bit too much for me.

Looking forward to your advice!

Best
LP
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:08:13 AM by Lake Paddler »

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP surfing course in Lisbon, Portugal
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:03:52 AM »
call tiago at mauka---his groups often surf by lisbon or even south of lisbon when wind's wrong in ereceira

closest ever to death in water at ereceira--completely my fault, got lucky---paddling out, i thought i could cut through the top three feet of a monster wave---not that monster wave! top 3 feet was thick and powerful, and threw me backwards over some powerful falls--then held me for a while--had i ditched and dove deep i would have been fine--bad move

i surfed by lisbon for 4/6 days, when at at mauka "retreat"

not sure if tiago can meet you in lisbon or what, but he's a really nice guy, who might be able to accomodate you, and would know anyone else who might be able

my surfing experience with him was great---he worked doggedly to get us two good sessions perday, and he drove us a lot to get that---along the way we ate great meals at local restaurants, and even tour the lisbon aquarium one day, btwn sessions

if there was a glitch, it was that the heat in his house was not great---but i tripped with tiago 2 yrs ago, and im sure he's got that ironed out

and like i said, the surfing end of the deal was excellent
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 08:34:40 AM »
Hi Lakepaddler
Spontanaity is awesome!
Go for it👍😀🏄‍♂️

I arrive in Lisbon on New Years Day
Going to hang with Tiago for a few days the head to South Portugal for 3 months.

When are you going?

Lake Paddler

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 06:53:50 AM »
call tiago at mauka---his groups often surf by lisbon or even south of lisbon when wind's wrong in ereceira

closest ever to death in water at ereceira--completely my fault, got lucky---paddling out, i thought i could cut through the top three feet of a monster wave---not that monster wave! top 3 feet was thick and powerful, and threw me backwards over some powerful falls--then held me for a while--had i ditched and dove deep i would have been fine--bad move

i surfed by lisbon for 4/6 days, when at at mauka "retreat"

not sure if tiago can meet you in lisbon or what, but he's a really nice guy, who might be able to accomodate you, and would know anyone else who might be able

my surfing experience with him was great---he worked doggedly to get us two good sessions perday, and he drove us a lot to get that---along the way we ate great meals at local restaurants, and even tour the lisbon aquarium one day, btwn sessions

if there was a glitch, it was that the heat in his house was not great---but i tripped with tiago 2 yrs ago, and im sure he's got that ironed out

and like i said, the surfing end of the deal was excellent
Thanks a lot for your advice! I read about some of your nice experiences at Mauka retreat in other threads. That monster wave sounds intimidating. Thank God you survived it!

Lake Paddler

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 06:57:25 AM »
Hi Lakepaddler
Spontanaity is awesome!
Go for it👍😀🏄‍♂️

I arrive in Lisbon on New Years Day
Going to hang with Tiago for a few days the head to South Portugal for 3 months.

When are you going?
Thanks Rick! Too bad that I'm already leaving on next Sunday. Otherwise it might be possible to hang with you guys. I hope you will have loads of fun in Portugal!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal