Author Topic: Tricky Today  (Read 1546 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Tricky Today
« on: December 16, 2018, 05:43:11 PM »
The wind was up, the swell was super shifty. Things that looked knee-high cranked up in a heartbeat and broke overhead. The biggest problem was the wicked wind, which wasn't supposed to be there, and the 16-foot swell in the harbor, that was supposed to show, but didn't.

Chris Pagdilao shot these pics with some serious glass. I love the water draining off the board. He'll be back in the water soon. so the pics will dry up, but I'd rather have Chris in the lineup than any pictures.

Yeah, I know, I look like the Glouster fisherman, but my doc, who I call Doctor Melonball, says if I don't wear this thing they're going to have to start whacking on my ears. So I got that going for me. I'm channeling Bill Murray in Caddyshack, and today's conditions were a lot like that scene where he's caddying for the reverend.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

808sup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Tricky Today
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:12:48 PM »
Today was a better day for kitesurfing. ;) Plenty of size outside of the harbor. Bill, I know you were learning to kite. Did you ever get the hang of it?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Tricky Today
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 02:15:27 PM »
Nope, I still need a little more water time.  Other stuff keeps interfering. Seems like something I should be doing.

This morning the Harbor was great. I considered going out at Ka'a point but it looked really messy. The harbor was fine and probably still is as I type. I might go for another session this evening.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal