Author Topic: Deck Pads on custom SUP  (Read 8276 times)

RATbeachrider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Pads on custom SUP
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 07:35:56 PM »
Full on custom!

devon_sup_surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 12:43:43 AM »
what glue does everyone use for pads ?

I have tried a few spray glues- which were all terrible. And I tried some large gel type super glues which worked but we're £££ and looks a little too permanent.

No need for a new deck pad for me yet but I do have a few areas that need gluing down

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 05:04:17 AM »
Dap Welwood contact cement Gel formula.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
Dap Welwood contact cement Gel formula.

Thanks for the tip on the above cement. It is most welcomed and appreciated by me.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SurfnCJ8

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 10:04:19 AM »
Just picked some of this up and going to give it a try. Have some spots that are coming up. Hopefully can make the pad last a few more seasons.

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 08:44:02 AM »
Aloha Jim,
The hard part is getting the old pad off...looks like a nice job...but, seems like the pads that I have customized with multiple pieces end up being little sand traps...
We have lots of pads in stock that help to make a re-pad job easier...including a newer stock version of the OEM pad that originally came with your board...

Our stock 8 piece SUP pad set is lightweight…just 1.5# for 76″ x 26″ of coverage…closed cell EVA foam…non-H20 absorbing…highest quality 3M 9786 peel & stick adhesive…several layout options…comfortable…diamond grip traction…black…embossed PVC logo…we also have an optional stomper tail piece with integrated ramp on the way...

https://supsports.com/stoked/sup-deck-pad-options
Wardog, sometimes my desire to try something new and be creative is greater than my common sense and ability to recognize that there is probably an easier way.  Cutting and pieceing that Mahalo pad together was probably 5 times more work than getting one of your pads installed.  However, I learned lessons about pad installation and removal, and it is a completely different feel.  For what we use the board for, it works really nicely.  Time will tell if durability and usability hold up.  Given an option, I'd install the pad you put on my longhammer.  Given the materials on hand, I went the arts and crafts route.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal