Author Topic: Build a Vacuum System to Dry Boards  (Read 6581 times)

Surfside

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Build a Vacuum System to Dry Boards
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2019, 04:40:52 AM »
Glad to hear it's almost there! Capping the holes in mine today and hopefully riding it tomorrow. That tent could produce a lot of heat. My friend used that to heat and bend an old plastic windsurfer a long time ago....watch the temp!
8' Deadbeat Sunshine
8'10" Deadbeat WindowLicker
8' Slop Rocket
7'8" King's Foil
7'4" Bad Dog Foil

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2019, 10:56:39 AM »
Glad to hear it's almost there! Capping the holes in mine today and hopefully riding it tomorrow. That tent could produce a lot of heat. My friend used that to heat and bend an old plastic windsurfer a long time ago....watch the temp!

Yes, for sure! I would use the black tent method on cool days only. Thanks for all of your help here with the picture of how you did it and the link with instructions on how to reverse it.

By the way, if the holes you drill in your board are slightly smaller than the diameter of the plastic tubing then there's no need to glue the tube to the board.
8' x 28" x 4.25" - Brawner (13 lbs)
8'-6" x 29 1/4" x 4' x 118 Liters - Azul Forte Pro custom
9' x 29" x 4" x 124 Liters - Hobie custom (15 lbs)
9-2' x 29" x 3 7/8" - Sunova (15 lbs)

Surfside

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
By the way, if the holes you drill in your board are slightly smaller than the diameter of the plastic tubing then there's no need to glue the tube to the board.

Awesome, I'll do that next time. Thanks
8' Deadbeat Sunshine
8'10" Deadbeat WindowLicker
8' Slop Rocket
7'8" King's Foil
7'4" Bad Dog Foil

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2019, 02:33:13 PM »
Slow and Steady seems to be working.
The board lady suggested that THROUGHPUT would be necessary.  I have 2 holes in the bottom of the board 15/64" and ONE at the top of the board.

It appears as though the weight is dropping at a rate of 1/10 lbs per day for the last 5 days. . . .

Yes - Drill 15/64" Holes.  The inexpensive irrigation tubing is 1/4" and makes a snug fit into the hole.  No need for tape or glue.

Then the 1/4" dowel fits in tight.  I used Gorilla glue on the dowel with a touch of Epoxy to seal it up on the top.  Cover with Clear tape until dry.