Author Topic: Infinity RNB  (Read 7213 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Infinity RNB
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:26:20 AM »
I had been drooling over one of these for a while.  Infinity did some PVC construction production boards that were a little cheaper.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCud7Pl8k3/

I grabbed the bright white  8'2 by 125L as soon as I saw it.  Me between 190-195lbs and 5'10 surfing Florida east coast stuff.  I bought this back in spring and with work have missed all the swells we have had so far.  I took it out in weak gutless surf about a week after I had it and it was nothing to write about.

Thanksgiving gave us some good surf and I was dying to try this thing out.  I got 2 days with the first day being head to overhead and the second day only a little smaller.  Short answer: I wish I would have bought one sooner and some of my other boards will definitely be up for sale soon.

Like usual, took a few minutes or so to find my balance point on the board.  The swell had an offshore wind component to it which, Florida, can hold you up a little but this thing would take off. I am 4 weeks out of knee surgery too so my turns were not as aggressive as I could make them.  Also the waves gave me a ton of speed too. Some of the prone surfers were even talking about having a hard time hitting the lip because of the speed they getting.  This board held any line I wanted on the big faces.  I was easily getting on/catching the big set waves too.  On the smaller shoulder sections I could dig the board in for some harder turns if the waves did not mush out completely.  Nothing like going to do a turn off the top and the wave just flattens out on you. Splash. The deck grip is pretty rough. Good for grip for riding, not good for the skin on other parts of the body.  I whack the rails here and there to and I did notice some black streaks from my paddle  but no chips or dings in the finish.

I have read where people have gone down drastically in size with this shape.  I can easily see that after 2 surfs.  I prefer the little bigger size for the waves and conditions I have where I am.  If I was someplace that had glassy conditions with some power i would definitely consider a smaller version of this board.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity RNB
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 12:01:28 PM »
width and weight?

please
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »
nice board.

I'm riding other brand at the moment and you don't need a carbon board unless you have weight issue and got the $ and a non carbon board is just as good.

Mil-Surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 02:31:46 PM »
Thanksgiving weekend was awesome in FL! Great couple days to try a new board!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:34:03 PM by Mil-Surf »
Jimmy Lewis Destroyer
7’7”x29”@100ltrs

K-541`

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
Sweet I had a chance to buy one for below retail wish I would have pulled the trigger as these boards are high$$$. Maybe someday ! At 125lit. And you at 190lbs how does it sit in the water?

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 04:46:46 PM »
The 8'5" ain't too shabby either. 70 year olde fahrte dropping in.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 05:24:33 AM »
Forgot to mention.  I was running it as a quad with the 3D fins.  I asked the guys at infinity when I bought the board what they recommended and just picked up a set.

Eastbound- width is 30 inches. weight is about 19.2-19.4 lbs with the fins in.

Mil-surf- yeah I was surfing some that looked similar to that. It was a good weekend.

K-541 - If you get the chance, you should grab one.  I buy most of my stuff used.  But I could not find one of these in this size area.  They were all either bigger or smaller.  We'll average and say I was 193 but I had a full suit on too. It is not something I pay a lot of attention too. I pay more attention to about where my feet are. But I did notice the rails were about half way under water. That is about as much as I can say. I don't know when I will be out on it again, but I will try and pay attention to that for you.

Mr Big- Actually after getting acquainted with this one, I was actually wondering if there would be a use  for one slightly bigger since there was a bigger brother of this for sale in NC. Don't think I will go for a bigger one, but maybe an asym one later on.

Jeg- yeah your super frank looks good. Another board i have looked at. I think I have a problem. I am such a board whore.  8) 

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 05:29:16 AM »
thx NT

and keep on fartin' biggie! very nice
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

K-541`

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »
Thanks for the info me 185lbs always in full suit booties PNW . My current board says 130 lit but I think they are off on that as I sit low in the water witch I like the 8.2 is as short  as I would go lots of bump and water moving up here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal