Author Topic: Wetsuit Suggestions - Mix of SUS and Kiteboarding  (Read 6073 times)

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wetsuit Suggestions - Mix of SUS and Kiteboarding
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 07:16:46 AM »
That new RipCurl Flashbomb heatseeker 5/3 looks sweet. I really like 3mm on arms and shoulders for paddling and kite since arms are free to move. But have 5mm on legs to stay warm. Prefer 3mm arms and a windbreaker. Plus if one overheats on a sunny day it's so easy to adjust layers.

I've got one of those windbreakers with a hook-hole I slap over the harness.

Once water is below 50F/10C I always wear an impact vest anyway. At least when it's howling.

Jonesing now for that 5/3. Damn you.

I'm definitely looking for a deal on one of these. Rip Curl suits fit me well for whatever reason, I almost got a 4/3 Flashbomb with a built-in hood, but it was a Medium, and i really need a MT. I'm going to check this one out too. I fixed my O'Neill suit, but I wouldn't mind something a bit warmer.
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 07:50:35 AM »
Everyone's Suits have gotten alot better in the past 5 yrs. Just don't see a reason to over pay for a suit That is why I offered the Hyperflex

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 09:27:58 AM »
Didn't overpay! On sale! Think they may have sold out any way.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 07:35:36 AM »
Correction to my previous post regarding Hyperflex - I had the AMP which is not at the same price point, etc. as the Voodoo.

JimK - you have a PM.
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

K-541`

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
If your going to spend big$$$ on a suit I really like the O’Neill psychotec 5.5 4 keeps you way warm and seem to last.I also have a  mutant nice suit but the zipper is a pain in the ass and it flushes water more than the psycho.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 07:33:50 AM »
just bought the new psychotech 5.5/4, the one with tecnobutter 3---after ordering both the psychotech, and the xcel Drylock X (new model drylock X, which is made of jalanese limestone "nanoprene"). Tried them both on and ran around my office a bit in em. Much prefered the feel of the O'Neill. Now wet? stretched out a bit? who knows? but in the office the oneill rules--great in meetings too

my old psychotech is a bit worn, with one patched hole, but it's in good shape for anyone who isnt spoiled like me.....

it's an XL and works great, if anyone needs a winter suit, who aint spoiled like me---pm me if youre that person.

and the suit's never been pissed in--it's been sweated in, thing's warm. Always rinsed after ea use.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 07:52:27 AM by eastbound »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

natas585

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 04:00:03 AM »
Stick with the brand that fits you consistently the best. For me that's been O'neill for the past 45 years. I just replaced my 4/3 that was only 2 years old because the new butter technology was so freaking comfortable. Soaks up way less water so its lighter too. Integrated hood so if you get hot you can flip it back. I use mine for surfing and kiting and for the harness I prefer no rubber on the body because although it helps with the wind it get rubbed by my harness and is a point of wear and tear.
Strength and Conditioning Coach
Fins Unlimited
Island Water Sports
Encinitas Surfboards

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 04:17:00 AM »
Stick with the brand that fits you consistently the best. For me that's been O'neill for the past 45 years. I just replaced my 4/3 that was only 2 years old because the new butter technology was so freaking comfortable. Soaks up way less water so its lighter too. Integrated hood so if you get hot you can flip it back. I use mine for surfing and kiting and for the harness I prefer no rubber on the body because although it helps with the wind it get rubbed by my harness and is a point of wear and tear.

Yeah, I will say with regard to the harness rubbing, my Dakine harnesses rubbed the smoothskin quite a bit. I've noticed that the Ion/North/whatever they are this week hasn't rubbed near as much. May just be that it moves less because I have the rope slider on it most of the time for surf.

I'm on a O'Neill that is 3 years old, and I'm thinking the same, although Rip Curl seems to fit me a bit better. I'm somewhat awkardly shaped as well - I'm around 6'0, 170 lbs, but most of the MT suits are tight on my shoulders, Large is too big everywhere else.
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal