Author Topic: Ocean Beach paddle boarder faces trial on charge of assaulting surfer  (Read 3235 times)

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ocean Beach paddle boarder faces trial on charge of assaulting surfer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »
The SUP guy deserves punishment if he really hit the proner with his paddle.  If he did, I hope he gets nailed, but I fear that it's just one persons word against another. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »
this was thorougly discussed previously  in another thread.  The paddle  boarder deserves what  he gets . It was reported that he is a bully.  the wheels of justice turn slowly but  they do turn.
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
this was thorougly discussed previously  in another thread.  The paddle  boarder deserves what  he gets . It was reported that he is a bully.  the wheels of justice turn slowly but  they do turn.

I reposted the thread.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »
The SUP guy deserves punishment if he really hit the proner with his paddle.  If he did, I hope he gets nailed, but I fear that it's just one persons word against another.

I posted the original thread which linked the original article.  This guy very much attacked the prone surfer. 

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
Kevin is a close friend of mine and all in all, he is doing pretty good. His speech is getting better, but he still sounds like he has a weird accent. Other than that, he's fine. He says that the prosecuting attorney is a surfer and very sympathetic to how Kevin was attacked and feels that they have a good case. They have DNA evidence of Kevin's DNA on the paddle, so they can prove that Paul hit him, with his paddle.   But, you never know how trials will turn out.

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 05:33:25 PM »
They have DNA evidence of Kevin's DNA on the paddle, so they can prove that Paul hit him, with his paddle. 

Oh, so the case against the SUP guy is better than I thought.  But you still never know.
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

iopsailor

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »
I wonder if there is a civil suit in the wings.  Whether or not Kevin is vindictive, his insurance company would like to recover  what they are paying for his injuries.  After knee surgery, I got a form letter inquiring who might be responsible and liable.
“Did it happen at work?  In a car? Whose property? “  I told them it happened on God’s property - he tripped me.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 10:46:46 AM »
i am somewhat libertarian--like show me a damaged victim, or there cant have been a crime..............

but where someone does damaging violence to another human?? lock em up!! and make em pay for repairs with whatever resources they might have...
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »
Dont get me wrong I am glad that you did  repost it.
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal