Author Topic: Maybe this is my answer for beach camping  (Read 5784 times)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Maybe this is my answer for beach camping
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 11:28:27 AM »
Getting up to pee at 3am.....falling down the ladder
Just a thought  ;D
My thought...just dust yourself off and finish your business...

But if it's the wife "falling down the ladder" it's more like "vacation finished" right then and there...at least in my case it would been (if I even managed to get her to agree to get up in that thing in the first place that is).  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:30:04 AM by SanoSlatchSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
i like that

"after submission to the zone gauntlet, the idea was abandoned"

i will remember to run any major expenditures thru here!

It's surprising how good it can be.....the fact that we have a lot of thoughtful folks with both broad and deep experience in so many things makes it a great sounding board.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
i like that

"after submission to the zone gauntlet, the idea was abandoned"

i will remember to run any major expenditures thru here!

It's surprising how good it can be.....the fact that we have a lot of thoughtful folks with both broad and deep experience in so many things makes it a great sounding board.
With erudite thoughts deep concepts such as getting up to pee. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 07:47:53 PM »
That too. Practical as always....;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »
Zoo there are dozens of variation on that  from Jame Baroud to Auto home, bigfoot, to allumicab  etc. Then there roof top tents   dozens and dozens.    You can find out about alot of these on expedition portal forum.  But here is one it is an offroad trailer that  I think would fill th ebill nicely  air opus  the overlanding thing ison of my hobies.  But this trailer would work with  almost anything   get your self a jeep or a good 4x4 pick up and go explore the beaches and the  world.   Hang Ten Bro!
www.opuscamper.us/air-opus.html

SanoSlatch came damned close. I've spent more time than most in tests and bivouac sacks, and sleeping bags with a tarp tossed over and under, and in a van (for a year) and on the ground with nothing but motorcycle clothes (busted in the desert) and I'll tell you one simple thing. It's not about you. It's about your girl. Find what she'll put up with and you have a functional solution. Fail at that and you have an empty rig--no matter what it is--and a four-star hotel bill.

I only know of one shortcut--chicks dig airstreams. No idea why, but they will put up with a lot of discomforts to sleep in a 19' Bambi. Seriously, no idea why. My wife will someday own a Bambi.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:57:38 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 06:24:25 AM »
Funny you mention, Bill...   I bought 28' of the least aerodynamic motorhome ever designed this past spring and my wife is still swooning about Airstreams?!  I can't imagine pulling over to take a quick nap to find it's 130f inside   ...and, being stuck with a bigass PU to pull it with?

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 08:42:46 AM »
You don't need a pickup to pull a Bambi, you can almost pull them with a Prius, but you shouldn't. I've seen plenty of them being pulled by crossover SUV's or Jeeps. A small pickup is perfect.

Chicks dig airstreams. As I say, I don't understand it myself. Yes, they are easily the highest quality trailer made, by a ridiculous margin. But how many people actually understand that? The price for new ones is eye-watering, but they take forever to build and the materials are expensive so that isn't likely to change. Less expensive used, and they last forever.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Newps

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2018, 09:08:11 AM »
Oztent RV-5

https://www.oztent.com/products/tent-range/oztent-range/oztent-rv-5

30 seconds to put up and take down.  Heavy duty and time tested.  Strap it down on the roof rack.  Price is $899, if you ever sell it craigslist $599 it will be gone in days.

L41 SIMSUP S4 - 7'4" x 30 1/4" x 4 1/2" 112L
L41 SIMSUP S5 - 7'6" x 27 1/2" x 4 3/16" 106L
L41 SIMSUP S4 - 7'8" x 31"x 4 1/2" 122L - Modded w/ a King's TUT Tuttle box and using a King's foil.
L41 SIMSUP S4 - 7'10" x 30 1/4" x 4 1/2" 120L
Starboard Whopper - 10' x 34" x 4 1/3" 171L - w/ FCS GL-1 fins

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »
All camping setups are a compromise and you need to learn what your priorities are and what can and can not put up with. I'd suggest renting something you might like first. When you go camp, check out what others are using. Campers always like to show off their rigs.

RichH

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 10:15:22 AM »
Chicks dig airstreams. As I say, I don't understand it myself. Yes, they are easily the highest quality trailer made, by a ridiculous margin. But how many people actually understand that? The price for new ones is eye-watering, but they take forever to build and the materials are expensive so that isn't likely to change. Less expensive used, and they last forever.

Same goes for T@b trailers.  Total chick magnet.  Every time we park it in our drive way or travel with it they want to check it out.  My wife loves it.  Not cheap, but less expensive than an Airstream.

Rich
Rich

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal