Author Topic: Fear: Trump in the White House  (Read 35717 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Fear: Trump in the White House
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2018, 06:19:06 AM »
Truthfully I think it's somewhat bullshit to bring up what happened at a drunken party 35 years ago in high school. I certainly wouldn't want to be judged on my behavior back then.....the statute of limitations is up on most anyway.... ;). That said after watching the shit show yesterday I was wondering just how the fuck he got picked in the 1st place. He may be a conservatives wet dream but I was underwhelmed by his performance. And SCOTUS is supposed to be apolitical and this guy is anything but.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2018, 06:25:26 AM »
Yes, the moment he questioned the Senator he should have disqualified himself.  In fact, I would not be surprised if he uses that act of indiscretion to accomplish just that.

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2018, 06:48:27 AM »
I don't usually get hooked into posting in political, or religious, threads... but after watching this charade I have lost hope in our political system.

What I saw was a total war between the Republican and Democratic parties... neither side went into this whatever you want to call it discussion or fact finding session planning to believe or care about anything either side presented...

This hard fought battle between the parties has been going on for to long, has gotten really bad in recent years, and I see no end in sight... this country is in a sad state and other countries must be laughing thier axxxx's off at us dumb amerikans.

Old fugger who just likes to fish

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »
While I might agree it may not be relevant to bring up some things that happened 35 years ago, if we’re talking about sexual assault, then I think it is entirely relevant. And if it can somehow be proven that it happened, then Kavanaugh has lied about it, under oath.

I think everyone needs to ask themselves do they want someone sitting in judgement of others, on the highest court in the land, if that person themselves is willing to lie under oath.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2018, 08:19:47 AM »
I think everyone needs to ask themselves do they want someone sitting in judgement of others, on the highest court in the land, if that person themselves is willing to lie under oath.

The problem is it is not up to  'everyone'. The decision is being made by a bunch of elderly white guys in power who know what is best for us.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2018, 09:06:36 AM »
^ touchι

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2018, 09:12:42 AM »
Eastie, I think the cartoon means the dems just fucked justice. 

But, it could just as easily been an elephant or for that matter a train of donkeys and elephants...what a shit show.
Correct.  They checked jurisprudence at the door, she was not allowed to enter.

Consistency is another problem.
What about the other two "victims", what does Ford have for solid evidence, that the other two don't have? Nothing!
If you guys are to be consistent, you should also be believing that Kavanaugh is a gang rapist as well, and he rubbed his junk in the face of a woman.
So is he a gang rapist that likes to rub his junk in the face of women?
And has he gotten away with it all this time, after 6, now going to be 7, FBI background checks, is that what we are to believe?
You have to be consistent.
There is no logical reason to draw a line between Ford (a political activist) and the other two.

The seriousness of the charge, demands that it be accompanied by the seriousness of the evidence, otherwise it needs to be tossed to the curb.  This entire thing is a farce.
It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »
if americans want democracy--if they want the will of the majority to be reflected in the output of government--they have to invest sufficiently to vote, and to vote with an understanding of what/who they are voting for

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2018, 09:19:07 AM »
wha?
the cartoon depicts what seems to be a democrat donkey and lady justice dressing post sex, with her thinking "me too".

take me from there
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2018, 09:23:51 AM »
wha?
the cartoon depicts what seems to be a democrat donkey and lady justice dressing post sex, with her thinking "me too".

take me from there

It is saying that the democrats through the me too movement have taken the position of always believing the accuser without due process thereby forgoing justice.

I don't like the cartoon for a number of reasons (not only dems are me too, not only women are accusers or abused, etc) but this was a fault of the me too process.  Our system of justice works if we adhere to it.  Also me too served to equate awkward dating advances with full blown rape.  It became so broad that it was hard to know what was being said about who.  The premise is 100% correct but the early application was faulty and did a disservice to the whole.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:30:03 AM by Admin »

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
ok
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »
While I might agree it may not be relevant to bring up some things that happened 35 years ago, if we’re talking about sexual assault, then I think it is entirely relevant.

Absolutely.  The statute of limitations on rape and sexual assault is absurd.  Particularly where children are involved.  During the ongoing Me Too process (which has received ample press) it was revealed that in Pennsylvania alone over 1000 cases of pedophilic assault had occurred in the Catholic church.  All beyond the statute.  It was in the news cycle for about a week.  Little boys and girls.  There is nothing more cruel that one person could do to another than sexually assaulting a child, including murder. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:47:15 AM by Admin »

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
Just to be clear, I also hate that cartoon, it's a slap in the face on many levels.
But a deserving slap.  The truth doesn't have to be kind.
Also it doesn't have to be the democrat's symbol walking away, it could just as easily be Uncle Sam.
This country is heading down a very, very dangerous road.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:21:46 AM by Weasels wake »
It takes a quiver to do that.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »
 Unbelievable. What a snivelling narcissistic histrionic aggressive twitched-up weirdo little toad.

Are these the latest technical terms for this kind of condition?
Remember anything coming from Area 10 has been filtered through his built-in British sense of decorum, propriety and understatement.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »
Where is the evidence?

In all other cases, it is not the victims responsibility to find the evidence, that's what the the law enforcement personnel are for. The Republicans have put up every barrier they can to prevent any evidence from being presented at their circus. Thankfully, Flake found a crack that will allow some evidence to be presented over the Republicans objection. They still want a time limited and a limited scope. Where else is there a limited time and scope of an investigation, besides what Trump wants on the Russia meddling investigations. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal