Author Topic: Fear: Trump in the White House  (Read 35708 times)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Fear: Trump in the White House
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2018, 06:02:17 AM »
best luck with the knee repl NE--do your prehab!!

they want my hip, and i may give it to them soon--still works for surfing, but i cant run or walk long distance (i bike 2 hours a day commuting (to keep health and sanity)--ive been afraid to ski for a couple years now--and skiing really was my sport--raced all through HS and into college, then lived in UT for a 100+ day season and skied 10-20 days per year there for 25, along with all sorts of heli and back-country---raised up my now-grown girls at alta--now im afraid to ski with them--and not sure i could keep up with them anymore, even if i give the docs my hip

last time i skied immediately felt scary pain when my bad hip (left) was on the downhill--id never felt it before, despite lifelong congenital impingement issues

agree completely re the success with which (took some time--where many died ugly deaths) tobacco got reined in via taxation and policy (effective government intervention)---and agree re the different greater challenge that poisonous "food" represents---and re your comments on privilege

we all need to respect our privilege--i know mine has been significant, despite the trials i have faced in my life--in the big picture we are certainly all privileged

stay funny! it helps with all
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
But anywhere I go outside of Hood River I'm slim and fit. Everywhere I look I see dead people.

Obesity is a major issue in Hood River as well.  Worse in the surrounding towns.  The Dalles is in crisis stage. Maui, that goes without saying.  All have great, healthy food options from farmers market to top notch grocery stores, etc.  Food deserts are real but that is a small component of this.
I'm one of the few people I know that likes Spam, love it fried and put into sandwiches or in omelets. I don't eat it all that often, and when I do, I always eat Spam lite, even though it grosses my wife out.
But there is nothing quite like popping open a can of Spam, and every time I do, it takes me back to Maui.
It takes a quiver to do that.

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2018, 05:02:18 PM »
I am seriously wondering if brains get fat?  Does a slim brain work better than a fat one?  ::)
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2018, 05:20:55 PM »
Brain ARE fat. Brain tissue--both grey and white matter, are about 60 percent fat. That's why people who are over 60 should increase their dietary fat. Doesn't have to be bacon. I've always been a know-it-all smartass. When people called me a fathead I've always smiled and said "thank you".

Contrary to popular opinion, Trump is not a fathead.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:22:27 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Biggreen

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2018, 06:44:49 PM »
But anywhere I go outside of Hood River I'm slim and fit. Everywhere I look I see dead people.

Obesity is a major issue in Hood River as well.  Worse in the surrounding towns.  The Dalles is in crisis stage. Maui, that goes without saying.  All have great, healthy food options from farmers market to top notch grocery stores, etc.  Food deserts are real but that is a small component of this.
I'm one of the few people I know that likes Spam, love it fried and put into sandwiches or in omelets. I don't eat it all that often, and when I do, I always eat Spam lite, even though it grosses my wife out.
But there is nothing quite like popping open a can of Spam, and every time I do, it takes me back to Maui.

My old Tennessee whitewater paddling buddy has always said, (insert Deep South accent) “Here in the South we serve our food two ways.....fried, and deep fried.”
Always loved it.

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2018, 07:53:25 PM »
So my whilted spinach salad with bacon bits, pecans, and blue cheese is considered brain food?

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »
Food for thought ;D
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2018, 12:22:44 PM »
I must be wicked smaht then because I actually had fat placed in my head..... ;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »
Upgrade.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2018, 05:42:31 PM »
Twice..... :o
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal