Author Topic: Small fun Friday  (Read 1962 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Small fun Friday
« on: September 23, 2018, 07:35:26 PM »
After a 2 hour workout in thigh high chop on Thursday in grey and chilly wind (wetsuit in Sept... >:( ) Friday was a beautiful early fall day. Knee high little peelers coming over the bar...bumping to thigh high occasionally. Great day just to be out there....all alone...couple of ladies sunning on the beach and a couple of horses riding through. I also took a few pics on my way out...I love this place.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Small fun Friday
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 12:08:55 AM »
What a beautiful joyous solo session can do for the soul....
I am all for surfing with friends but they do distract from the elements.

Nice to hear you are still connecting to a core activity. And love the piled rocks.

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 03:56:43 AM »
VERY nice Stoney!!!!!  Cool pics!!!

Amen to solo/soul surfing.....I was out with 100 of my best friends all Saturday afternoon in thigh to occasional chest then early  yesterday (Sunday) am in glassy knee high all by my lonesome and enjoyed it 10x more!

Hope to see ya soon,
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 01:58:57 PM »
I know people stack rocks all over the place but I've never seen so many as I do here in Plymouth. I like them too. I love rocks to a strange degree...I'm even including them in the trim in the guest bathroom I just renovated...the cut rock is caulked into place and I'll be putting a small stack on top of it (cut in 1/2 and caulked to the wall) and I guess my online name reflects it some too.

The stacks are everywhere here in town....there are probably 100 stacks along Long beach at any one time and you see them all over town. I've even thought about running a rock stack/sand castle competition on Plymouth Beach.

There was a stack next to the outdoor shower I'm renovating when we bought the place...I'll be building it even bigger once I'm done and I'm going to build a big one out by my Tiki....  ;)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:01:45 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 02:22:32 PM »
Good to see this Stoneman!

I love that you are getting to see your new digs at a slower pace :)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 09:17:53 PM »
Thnx...I needed to see some NE. I regretted not hitting it up there when Florence was in town. Not too late though.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 05:00:38 AM »
Florence never reached here.....really good waves are rare in here but when they do it's a great spot. Where most of the pictures are there is a long bar that sticks out that can be nice but the best surf is usually back in the cove....rocky shoals act just like a reef break.
Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal