Author Topic: Road Trip! APP tour event on Long Island - Whose going Saturday?  (Read 5192 times)

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: Road Trip! APP tour event on Long Island - Whose going Saturday?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 05:02:36 AM »
Where are the pics and video?

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 06:15:46 AM »
ya i got hung up in nj--wouldnt have made it to LB in time

tried to check the stream a bunch of times yesterday and there was something wrong

anybody got a link that works to review yesterday's heats (incl burchas' cameo!)?

I messaged them about that yesterday and they just posted it.  I think this one works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT7UaZo4-Qs

supthecreek

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 09:24:15 PM »
Thanks 805.... that feed is still viewable
Fun to watch.... thanks!

At the end of the feed, you can watch Pabst and I crash the contest area just after the Men's Final
(we thought it was over)  ;D

Pabst.... thank you and Gretch for the amazing hospitality! Freeking gourmet cooks and a bedroom right on the water... so fun to visit you guys as always! I am glad we got a chance to surf together.... always fun to watch you rip!
Kai and Pabst split a set wave just before Kai's semi final heat.

The event had some pretty sweet conditions in the contest area for the entire weekend, so the Pros were killing it.
Dave Boehne from Infinity Surfboards and Evelyn O'Doherty provided great live commentary and interviews.

Nice to see you again Burchas!
Thanks for coming down and trying the boards!

Stoked to meet SeanRoss for the first time and share some wave time with him and Pabst.
Not possible to get all the Zoners in the water at once, since I only brought 2 boards.
Dale had his 8'4 Flow, so it was an all SUNOVA line-up   ;D

My Red Paddle Ladies of NYC came in 1st and 2nd in the Amateur Distance Race, then came over to hang out and demo my boards. All 3 said they are ordering Creek 2-piece boards in Spring. They all live in NYC and paddle the city on Red Paddle inflatables.... space is premium in the city, so they love the idea of the 2-piece boards.

Badger... zip trip.... no video this time, I didn't even bring a toothbrush  ;D

Pabst scored a sweet carved paddle, signed by Kai and all the Pros... it will be the perfect wall deco for his surf pad!

After party was a good time to meet and chat with some interesting SUPsters.

I almost headed straight to Virgina Beach.... but I had food in the fridge that needed eating.
Maybe later this week!

ok, off to bed.... long fun day.

ok... this is frustrating. I haven't been able to post any pictures with my replies lately.
I checked all 13 pictures, Non over 350 K

Posting text to see if that makes it.  >:(

supthecreek

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
see how this goes...

Last pic shows how amazing the venue was!

alrighty then... maybe a few at a time :-\

supthecreek

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »

supthecreek

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 09:30:22 PM »
night night!

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 04:06:07 AM »
Saaaaa-weeeeet!

Looks like a great time had by all! 

8) 8)
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

supsean

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 08:07:51 AM »
Thanks again Rick. Great meeting you and the other Zoners. It was a super fun day with decent waves. I wish I could have hung around for the after party.  Really fantastic meeting you and demo-ing that sweet Sunova Creek 9'1".  Nice picture of me too. I think I can handle the next size down board; as the 9'1" seemed super stable to me, and I want to reach a bit for a new board. But I will wait until springtime before I make a decision...

It was fun to be at the event and feel some of the vibe. I wish they had more amateur involvement in the SUP surfing part of the APP tour, as I think that could be a fun component, even if it was on a different beach section. Perhaps they could get the pros to teach a clinic or two?

Fanatic Allwave 8'9"
Sunova Steeze 8'10"
Kenalu Ho'oloa

NEsurfSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »

My Red Paddle Ladies of NYC came in 1st and 2nd in the Amateur Distance Race, then came over to hang out and demo my boards. All 3 said they are ordering Creek 2-piece boards in Spring. They all live in NYC and paddle the city on Red Paddle inflatables.... space is premium in the city, so they love the idea of the 2-piece boards.

Rick:
I am halfway to Pago Pago with my 9'4" two part, Creek.  As you know, I took it to Brazil last week.  It is a beautiful board and rock solid when put together.  The coupling carbon and hardware does add some extra weight, but the board surfs really well so far.  You know I am using a makeshift bag (e.g. long bag folded in half), and the TSA seems to have difficulty with this, so I definitely recommend a custom bag for travel (I have one coming).  when I get some time later I hope to write a more complete review.
One piece "electric" Creek 9'4"
Two piece Sunova Creek 9'4"
CoreVac Cannibal Blade 8'8
Angulo surfa 9'8
Naish Mana 10'
Red Sport 11'
2014 Naish Glide 14'
Werner nitro
Black project three part paddle

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »

Rick:
I am halfway to Pago Pago with my 9'4" two part, Creek.  As you know, I took it to Brazil last week.  It is a beautiful board and rock solid when put together.  The coupling carbon and hardware does add some extra weight, but the board surfs really well so far.  You know I am using a makeshift bag (e.g. long bag folded in half), and the TSA seems to have difficulty with this, so I definitely recommend a custom bag for travel (I have one coming).  when I get some time later I hope to write a more complete review.

I'm also in for the 2 piece 9'4 Creek so would be great to read your review.

Would also be interested to hear what kind of sh*t TSA gave you (why am I not surprised)
and if you don't mind to share resource for that custom bag you're in for
in progress...

NEsurfSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 10:31:45 AM »
Burchas
At the risk of hijacking the thread:  We think that the "coupling carbon and hardware" may add about 5 lbs.  It seemed noticeable to me in Brazil, but then I realized that I was now using a relatively cheap three part travel paddle (e.g my normal Werner nitro has much more catch).  So that may have contributed to a slightly  sluggish feeling when going for a wave.  (was great on the waves....new speed record).

As far as the TSA:  1) they seem to be more likely to open an unusual bag, and 2) they don't seem to care about putting it back together.  So a custom bag that is easy for them to open, examine and close, is definitely the way to go.  Am getting one made by Vitamin Blue.  Will review both board and bag later.
One piece "electric" Creek 9'4"
Two piece Sunova Creek 9'4"
CoreVac Cannibal Blade 8'8
Angulo surfa 9'8
Naish Mana 10'
Red Sport 11'
2014 Naish Glide 14'
Werner nitro
Black project three part paddle

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal