Author Topic: Will Schmidt's World Record SUP Film Online Now. I Need Your SUP Awards Votes!  (Read 5712 times)

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Stand Up Paddle Against Depression.
    • Email
Aloha, Zoners. I haven't posted in a while but I have some exciting news that I just have to share! Many of you followed my unsupported SUP journey down the American Pacific Coastline from Canada to Mexico in 2014 (where is TallDude at, haha!). Well, I finally got off my lazy butt and finished the film documenting the trip. Through My Eyes is now completed!

Recently, the 2018 SUP Awards recently opened up voting for Movie of the Year and my film, "Through My Eyes" has been nominated! I am so stoked about it but I NEED YOUR HELP AND VOTES!

Here is the link to follow and place your vote: https://www.supthemag.com/sup-awards/vote-now-2018-movie-year-sup-awards/

I thought this would be the special opportunity I was looking for to share my film with you. To make this worth your while and as a special bonus, I have created a promo code to rent my film on Vimeo FOR FREE during the voting period! Simply follow this link, https://vimeo.com/ondemand/throughmyeyesdoc, and enter the promo code "SUPAwards" at checkout to rent it for free for a 72 hour period. Then, if you feel that my film has won you over...please...please...by all means click on that voting link and show me some love! Additionally, as many people as you can share this with, the better! I am forever in your debt.

Lets get this bad boy promoted! Aloha, Will Schmidt

14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Great!  Thank you and what a fantastic journey.  I was looking on the Voting link to try and see how long the voting window is open?  I couldn't find it, do you know?  The reason I ask is I am a high school guidance counselor and I am going to share your film and promo code with the Psychology teacher in my high school.  We are working to present a unit on exercise/fitness/adventure as a method of managing anxiety and depression.  So I wanted to give my Psych teacher a sense of the timeline for free viewing of your film.

Well done, thanks.

Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I am not sure how long the voting is remaining open. I actually sent an email this morning asking that very question but no response yet. The event is on October 7th so it will be open for at least the next week if not the next 10ish days.

I'll certainly update when I find out. Thank you so much for the interest! I need all the help I can get.
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
That was an amazing adventure Will. I really enjoyed watching you not enjoy yourself?  Be proud Will. I new you'd make it and you are serving your cause well. I'm inspired and happy that you are finding you're own peace. Nice see your Mom and Grandma too. That SIC held up well. I figured it would have been trashed getting dragged on all those rocky shores. Here's back at you.....
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Voted...Good luck!!
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Cast a vote for you. Great cause. Amazing trip. Sometimes said so easily it comes across as trite- especially when parroted by politicians but.... a sincere thanks for your service brotha!

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
That was an amazing adventure Will. I really enjoyed watching you not enjoy yourself?  Be proud Will. I new you'd make it and you are serving your cause well. I'm inspired and happy that you are finding you're own peace. Nice see your Mom and Grandma too. That SIC held up well. I figured it would have been trashed getting dragged on all those rocky shores. Here's back at you.....

I love that photo! Stoked that you made it out that day. Have you gotten a chance to watch the film yet? Because that little camera Im holding up also captured you and, yes, you made it into an epic 2 seconds of my film!
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Great!  Thank you and what a fantastic journey.  I was looking on the Voting link to try and see how long the voting window is open?  I couldn't find it, do you know?  The reason I ask is I am a high school guidance counselor and I am going to share your film and promo code with the Psychology teacher in my high school.  We are working to present a unit on exercise/fitness/adventure as a method of managing anxiety and depression.  So I wanted to give my Psych teacher a sense of the timeline for free viewing of your film.

Well done, thanks.

Just talked to Will Taylor at SUPTheMag today and he says voting is open until Thursday, Sept 28th.
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Voted...Good luck!!

thank you so much for the support!
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cast a vote for you. Great cause. Amazing trip. Sometimes said so easily it comes across as trite- especially when parroted by politicians but.... a sincere thanks for your service brotha!

a sincere thank you right back at you! Enjoy my film and please, share around if you feel so inclined!
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email

I love that photo! Stoked that you made it out that day. Have you gotten a chance to watch the film yet? Because that little camera Im holding up also captured you and, yes, you made it into an epic 2 seconds of my film!
I for sure watched it. Might even have made me a little teary eyed near the end. It's a big military Ohana out there, and I support you guys 100%.. always. I clicked my vote for you too. I did catch my little bit part. Thanks for allowing me to be part of your adventure.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email

I for sure watched it. Might even have made me a little teary eyed near the end. It's a big military Ohana out there, and I support you guys 100%.. always. I clicked my vote for you too. I did catch my little bit part. Thanks for allowing me to be part of your adventure.

That's awesome. We need to superimpose those photos together somehow, haha
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wow, Canada to Mexico thats amazing.

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm going to keep the promo code available until the evening of SUP Awards for anyone who would like to check out the film for free. However, voting closes next Thursday, Sept 27th. It would be great to get as many votes as possible.

If you would like to add the film to your personal collection, you can still purchase it and download for the $5.50 option.
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

EgoSmitty

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wow, Canada to Mexico thats amazing.

Thank you so much! Feel free to watch the film with the free rental code I posted.
14' SIC Bullet
14' SIC Slice
14' SIC Bayonet
14' SIC Dugout
16' SIC F-16
16' SIC Standamaran
OC1 Puakea Ehukai
OC1 Puakea Kahele Pro

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
Today at 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal