Author Topic: User friendly and affordable foil  (Read 4301 times)

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
User friendly and affordable foil
« on: September 15, 2018, 10:30:09 AM »
We are introducing our Rock Solid foil which is a user friendly and affordable option at $599 for the complete foil setup with carbon wings and aluminum mast and fuselage:
https://youtu.be/3N569ChE2mw

For more information, please visit our website:
https://blueplanetsurf.com/products/rock-solid-hydro-foil-1300/
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: User friendly and affordable foil
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:57:28 PM »
Hey Robert: cam you do a comparison with Go Foils at some point? I realize this is way cheaper

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »
any hope for a larger size coming soon?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »
Great price, now you need a wing the equivalent of the M200 and Iwa.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 08:35:09 AM »
Pono, Robert, this might be a great time to PM SupUK. Charlie’s wings are all designed to fit this fuselage.

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 10:48:15 AM »
Hey Robert, innovative as ever, to follow up on Pono's question, not only do you have the other wing equivalents, but will they be able to just be screwed on to this set up. thanks

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:38:54 AM »
Robert,
thanks for the video.  I especially like the last part about  how to get the foil into your Prius.  I am just starting out but have been challenged with getting all the gear into a Prius.  This gives me a new angle to pack it all in there.  thanks.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 10:03:04 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  At this time we only have this one wing size for the Rock Solid Foil but we may offer more sizes in the future. 

Fatfish, it took me a while to figure out how to best fit foils into the car, I have the Prius Prime which has even less space than a regular Prius due to the plug in battery pack in the trunk but I'm able to put four fully assembled foils behind the seats as shown in the video and I can fit both a 6'6 Easy Foiler SUP and a prone foil board inside the car and still have room for a passenger.  I used to put the board with the foil attached on the roof rack but found it too risky to always remember not to drive into garages etc. with it on.  I also like being able to leave everything in the car all the time so I can go foiling anytime.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:13:41 AM by blueplanetsurf »
Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 03:01:37 PM »
Great stuff Robert.

I remember going to a business case assessment of Walmart 10 years ago.  Walmart was credited with single handedly reducing the retail prices in the US by 15%. 

Without the Pricing Pressure prices would just stay high forever. 

It will be interesting to see how the competitive landscape responds.   

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 04:11:55 PM »
Between Blue Planet and Gong, ~$600 has probably now become the new price point for entry level foils. This could be pretty big for the long term popularity of the sport since it takes the price of a foil into the 'buy another shortboard for the quiver' range.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 04:17:31 PM »
Rock solid deal! ...and nice Prius packing job!  8)
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 11:03:25 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  At this time we only have this one wing size for the Rock Solid Foil but we may offer more sizes in the future. 

Fatfish, it took me a while to figure out how to best fit foils into the car, I have the Prius Prime which has even less space than a regular Prius due to the plug in battery pack in the trunk but I'm able to put four fully assembled foils behind the seats as shown in the video and I can fit both a 6'6 Easy Foiler SUP and a prone foil board inside the car and still have room for a passenger.  I used to put the board with the foil attached on the roof rack but found it too risky to always remember not to drive into garages etc. with it on.  I also like being able to leave everything in the car all the time so I can go foiling anytime.

Robert: you dont worry about the heat of the car and your equipment?

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 09:14:36 AM »

Robert: you dont worry about the heat of the car and your equipment?
Heat is a concern for sure and we have seen plenty of heat damage on boards being left in cars, we don't recommend it.  Using a board bag inside the car does not help, it can concentrate the heat even more.  I cover the board with a light material, have shade screens on the windows, look for shady parking spaces and leave the windows cracked open.   It's still risky and if I know I'm going to be parked in the sun for a long time, I take the board(s) out of the car.
Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal