Author Topic: For Tesla Fans.......  (Read 4123 times)

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
For Tesla Fans.......
« on: September 29, 2018, 04:16:25 PM »
.....do you believe Elon did the right thing by settling with the SEC?
I sure do. Maybe now the company can concentrate on "making Tesla great again".
Stock action (reaction) should be interesting to watch on Monday!
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: For Tesla Fans.......
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 06:44:34 PM »
He’s a nut. His behaviour towards the British cave diver has been frankly crazy:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/05/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-calls-british-cave-diver-child-rapist.html

I suspect that the drugs he (self-confessed) takes are catching up with him. Shame, because it would have been nice to have believed that a person (prima facie) like this - who dared to dream big and had the moral and intellectual fortitude to carry it off - actually existed. But instead he’s turned out to be just another loon who flew too close to the sun.

Loadsa chemicals in that brain, allegedly:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-ambien-use-tesla-board-what-drug-does-2018-8?r=US&IR=T

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/08/22/elon-musks-tweet-taking-tesla-private-now-dogged-drugs-claims-rapper-azealia-banks/1057815002/

Time to let the unfortunate guy check into rehab and let him sort his life out in peace and quiet.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:37:33 PM »
.....do you believe Elon did the right thing by settling with the SEC?

Yes, it will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. 

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 11:36:31 AM »
I wonder if I could accept a Tourette's tic that prominent for being brilliant.  Hmmmm?!   It's too bad tho', it alters his public image for life.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 12:17:34 PM »
I'm not surprised, he's overdriven himself for years. His standard statement about a problem is "we'll work harder". I have huge respect for the guy and what he has accomplished--it's a story more like science fiction than most science fiction. I think he and his companies will be better off with a chairman to take some of the load. He needs someone extraordinary. I hope he can find that. Tesla has the potential to be one of the world's most valuable companies. Spacex has the potential to make us a multi-planet species. There's a lot at stake resting on just one guy. No wonder he can't sleep.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »
I think he and his companies will be better off with a chairman to take some of the load.
Well it looks like the SEC took care of that from him, and gave him a little Musk pocket change $20M slap on the wrist for his stock manipulation tweets. Ol' Elon and TSLA must just be laughing their asses off at the supposed "fine" imposed on them.

Oh, and sure it came after hours even though Elon knew all alone what he was going to accept before that...makes ya wonder how much more stock his "acquaintances" just happened to picked up on Friday's gap down (almost a 14% pull back/give back).  ::) 8)

He needs someone extraordinary. I hope he can find that.
So do all of his investors.  ;) :)

Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »
forget the stock price if you want to know where this is heading. watch the bonds

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »
I never invest in single stock these days, but I was so sorely tempted by the Tesla drop. All the pundits said "don't expect the usual Tesla bounceback". As soon as you hear a statement like that...
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 02:13:25 PM »
Where does Buffet stand on TSLA...

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
Predictably, to anyone but a media stock analyst, TSLA is up 17.35% today, up 45 bucks a share. The SEC was uncharacteristically gentle. I guess they're rooting for Elon too. It seems strange to me that he has so many detractors. I don't expect human perfection, but I love seeing big ideas, big effort, and his willingness to take responsibility--and his fundamental brilliance. People I know who've worked for him have varied assessments of his management style and ability, but no difference of opinion on his commitment.

PT Woody

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »
Predictably, to anyone but a media stock analyst, TSLA is up 17.35% today, up 45 bucks a share. The SEC was uncharacteristically gentle. I guess they're rooting for Elon too. It seems strange to me that he has so many detractors. I don't expect human perfection, but I love seeing big ideas, big effort, and his willingness to take responsibility--and his fundamental brilliance. People I know who've worked for him have varied assessments of his management style and ability, but no difference of opinion on his commitment.

Yes one of the common complaints from those who have worked for him is along the lines that if you are not prepared to sleep under your desk, then you shouldn't expect to have a desk the next morning. And if you aren't prepared to work back late on Saturday night, then don't bother coming to work on Sunday morning.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
That's pretty much the gist of it. His ex-employees, even those who are a bit bitter, also say his knowledge of the details of his huge enterprises often eclipses people who are specialized in the area. For example, I have a strong interest in lithium battery chemistry and super condensers. That interest was kindled from a simplified view of the performance of these devices where it occurred to me that they were deeply synergetic. Lots of reasons, but a simple one is that a super condenser can be charged and discharged at a rate limited only by the capability of the connecting wires but it has limited total storage capacity while the safer chemistry lithium batteries have huge storage capacity but are limited in how quickly they can be charged and discharged. Useful stuff, I built a high-energy spot welder for building lithium battery packs from a lithium battery, a few super condensers, and some control electronics. It can discharge a stupid amount of energy in a tiny amount of time, and do it over and over with a few seconds of cycle time to recharge the condensers--the recharge rate is limited by the discharge rate of the battery and the resistance of the control electronics. My knowledge, as usual, is pretty scattered. But it appears from my reading and research that Elon Musk is as knowledgeable about that somewhat esoteric field as anyone. I don't quite understand that, it seems like a level of detail that someone operating as a CEO of several very large companies would simply not have. From what I understand that's true in many cases.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:39:09 AM by PonoBill »

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 10:16:12 AM »
I was surprised, in his 9/6 sit down with Joe Rogan, EM stated that he spends about 80% of his time on engineering.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »
i bot tsla for a flip after they hit the stock on the weed podcast--worked

i too, pb, have begin to trade individual stox minimally--with the breadth of exposures available in low cost etf's i can get risk i need---and really my main problem is being continually underinvested in stox with my personal assets--like now--i generally use simple crap like spy qqq dia vti--cheap and liquid--trade just like stox, all the day (and night) long--and you can place good-til-cancel orders well below the market, so a month from now when stox get tanked, you get filled---where i find that, if ive not placed the order well in advance, i chicken out if i need to place the order while the knife is actually falling

whatever you do--always be selling on wild strength, and buying when it feels like shit--do not chase a strong market--like now---place bids well below here and, if it keeps steaming along, move those bids up

i find musk annoying--along with his bff thiel--i concede that what musk has done with tsla is pretty amazing, but as a human i aint a fan

he is in a spot that happens to many like him--he needs to tap into ceo skillset---much more important for tsla at this point than his granular knowledge

also--20mm???? fine???? that's like tsla spitting on the ground in frt of sec headquarters---incredible---it was brazen manipulation of his position to try to squeeze shorts based on a lie----where he alleged insider info that was fake---and he caused a massive short covering panic---why doesnt the sec just blow him in the village square??--that'd be more straightforward
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 07:02:54 PM »
why doesnt the sec just blow him in the village square??--that'd be more straightforward

I watched the SEC announcement. They pretty much did. I thought the woman who did the announcement sounded tough until she said "Mr. Musk" and her voice got a little husky.

Oh, and I forgot to tell A10 that he is as provincial as any Boston newspaper. "Saugus man killed in New York nuclear holocaust." "British cave diver called a child raper." Sheesh.

Oh, and that reminds me, anyone that has a 1958 (or thereabouts) A10 in decent condition, I'll trade a tasty 1959 BSA Goldstar DBD 34 for it.

Oh, and yes, I've had a Manhattan. And I needed some wine for a beef stew I'm making so I opened a HUGE bottle of some old vine zinfandel I got from a charity auction (along with a zillion bottles of both good and very crappy wine long ago, like maybe twenty years ago, when I still was allowed to go to charity auctions. Someday I'll explain those KISS guitars and Bass). It's been sitting vertically for years, expected it to be totally corked and despicable. But holy shit, it's magnificent.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:25:02 PM by PonoBill »

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal