Author Topic: Throwing in the towel  (Read 97799 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Throwing in the towel
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2020, 01:18:45 AM »
We started 3 weeks ago and I'm down 24 lbs.

Awesome. 

SUPladomi

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2020, 05:40:39 AM »
Best news I've heard in a long time.

Holy Fack! I concur. So awesome that you are back on the water after the changes and steps you have taken.

I mostly stopped milk a long time ago but in the last few years have been eating less dairy overall and my digestion is much better. Also seem to have less congestion in my sinuses at night.

I don't need to lose weight but I'm considering reducing carbs to hopefully help energy levels. That would be tough one though.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2020, 07:03:00 AM »
Total elimination of dairy changed my life. No more morning congestion. Less hacking after a meal.

SUPladomi

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2020, 08:39:48 AM »
Total elimination of dairy changed my life. No more morning congestion. Less hacking after a meal.
Wow..... I don't have a cough but have to clear my throat quite a bit after having a lot of dairy.

I'm curious to know if you have experienced getting less sick since you eliminated dairy.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »
Way to go Stoney.  Getting your life back by seemingly miraculous results from a diet change. 

My wife has long suffered from many chronic bad pains all over her body.  This is now the past due to no sugar, milk, gluten and grains diet.  Lucky for her she had the strong character to pull the total ban off.  Who knows which on the list did it. Maybe all of them. 
For me as a witness it is amazing.  It turns out she has Crohn痴 condition.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2020, 11:21:22 AM »
I'm curious to know if you have experienced getting less sick since you eliminated dairy.

Absolutely.

I used to blame my propensity for getting sick, and my colds lasting twice as long as my wife痴, on my general allergies

I feel dumb for not having done it sooner.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:24:55 AM by Dwight (DW) »

lopezwill

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2020, 02:53:52 PM »

Stoked to hear your doing better stoneaxe!  I always enjoy your input here. 8)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »
I'm lactose intolerant...... so Dairy products have been super minimal most of my life. You'd be surprised where they hide that shit. Any kind of seasoned Potato Chips and most of the Lawry's Seasonings high concentrations of Lactose. I'll eat Goats milk cheese occasionally. I carry Lactaid caplets with me all the time, just in case. I can eat any Asian food with no problem. They pretty much don't use Dairy products when they cook. American cheese occasionally, because it's ultra pasteurized, it doesn't seem to bother me. I'm not sure it's even cheese ;D
I also try to stick with egg whites only, no real butter either.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2020, 06:31:08 PM »
It's been pretty surprising. The weight loss has slowed down...just 3 lbs this last week. I've been eating more but still cutting out all the bad stuff. I'm shocked at how good I feel. And it's not just the COPD, less (almost no) back pain....even a slight lessening of the vertigo and headaches. All the inflammation related stuff seems better.

I'm stating my training for this years CCBC this week. I've been so focused on getting the CNC working and understanding the software that everything else took a back burner.

I still have a ways to go in understanding all the variables of the machines working and software will be a continual learning process but I'm over the worst humps I think for producing stuff. I did a successful test carve of a small portion of the map today but I'm going to put off cutting the whole thing until I can get all the pieces together. I'll be marrying some stereo lithography of the terrain to the ocean contour model and I need to add place names and other features to engrave with the laser. Once I put in on the machine I want to be able to do it all at once.

The 1st piece of art I'm going to do is a carving of sand ripples from the beach. I did a proof of concept today. I took a picture yesterday and converted it to a stereo lithograph. The final will be a triptych, 36" x 58" overall. I'll get a picture that exact size to convert

Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2020, 09:38:17 PM »
If you're serious about doing the CCBC I'll come do it with you. I'll bring along a bunch of foil stuff and see if we can get some new scars.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2020, 01:01:46 PM »
great to hear youre doing well, stones!

you are a dogged dude

enjoy
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2020, 10:02:13 AM »
Stoney glad to hear things are getting better and that you and Pono will be doing this years CCBC, I値l also be paddling this year hopefully with Piece of 8 and I値l keep trying to talk Kayadogg into doing it with his wife. More Paddlers = More $$ raised and More Fun !! I値l try putting together a nice training paddle down my way near the Battleship this summer !!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #282 on: February 29, 2020, 06:57:24 PM »
If you're serious about doing the CCBC I'll come do it with you. I'll bring along a bunch of foil stuff and see if we can get some new scars.
Absolutely.....Mike wants to do it as a team. I was thinking solo but he doesn't think he can do solo anymore. He's got some shoulder problems that are keeping him to shorter paddles. Last time we did it as a team we pretty much did the whole thing anyway so.....

Some new scars sounds good.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #283 on: February 29, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »
Stoney glad to hear things are getting better and that you and Pono will be doing this years CCBC, I値l also be paddling this year hopefully with Piece of 8 and I値l keep trying to talk Kayadogg into doing it with his wife. More Paddlers = More $$ raised and More Fun !! I値l try putting together a nice training paddle down my way near the Battleship this summer !!
Sounds awesome.....have you talked to 8 lately? How's he doing?
Bob

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2020, 06:06:33 PM »
WOW!

Who ever thought the world could change so much since late February, the last time I posted on this thread.

I'm still doing better than I was but this shutdown and less watertime has my head more than a bit screwed up of late. I've also kind of failed at keeping to the diet and keeping on track with workouts. Less water time was my own decision but I'm about to start back up now that things are opening back up.

I've been spending far too much time trying to get my CNC to function reliably. I could build one myself now since I've basically rebuilt everything but the frame on this one but to no avail. Now the manufacturer is sending me an upgraded model to replace this one. Should be here this week. They're still scratching their heads about what is causing the problems but it's definitely temperature related....under 50 degrees and it starts skipping. Not just my machine but a couple handfuls of the 200 or so made back in December of last year having similar issues. It's been a pain but I learned a lot and the models and designs I'm working on will keep the new one very busy when it gets here.

I was finally able to get it to cut a full sized version of the chart model since we had a few warm days in a row and it was working OK. I still need to add the roads and some place names but I'll wait for the new machine to get here since installing the laser in this one and then having to remove it doesn't make sense.

Yard work has replaced the gym. I've gotten a lot done, mostly spring cleanup stuff, especially eradicating asian bittersweet but a couple of good sized projects as well.

I moved my shed forward 20' and built a fenced enclosure in back of it to hide all my junk and other stuff you don't want to be looking at all the time...wood pile, compost heap, etc. It's also where I'll do chainsaw/power carving so it's always a mess of chips and sawdust.

I just poured the footing for these stairs. That made me feel old....I remember when 80 lb bags of cement were easy to move and mix....19 bags. By the time I did the last one I could hardly pick it up...:(. The pavers and such will be getting delivered next Monday.....evidently EVERYONE is doing landscape improvements. The materials company business is off the charts right now....delivery is usually within a couple days. I've wanted to do this since we moved in....hated the stairs that were there and the landscaping wasn't to our taste.
Bob

* Recent Posts

post Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
[Random]
PonoBill
March 17, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
post Re: 2024 North Mode Pro wings:
[Classifieds]
cnski
March 17, 2024, 05:09:04 PM
post Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
[SUP General]
burchas
March 17, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
[SUP General]
Night Wing
March 16, 2024, 07:02:05 PM
[SUP General]
blueplanetsurf
March 16, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 13, 2024, 07:59:28 PM
post Re: FS - Ocean Rodeo Glide A-Series Wings (3m/ 4m / 5m), USA
[Classifieds]
StellaBlu
March 12, 2024, 07:27:21 AM
post FS - Kalama Barracuda
[Classifieds]
VB_Foil
March 11, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
post Re: Vision Pro
[Random]
Bean
March 11, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 09, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
post Happy International Women's Day, lady zoners!
[General Discussion]
LaPerouseBay
March 08, 2024, 07:28:47 PM
[Random]
Admin
March 08, 2024, 04:45:53 AM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 06, 2024, 11:00:24 PM