Author Topic: Throwing in the towel  (Read 20395 times)

Dusk Patrol

• Peahi Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Throwing in the towel
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
Halloween Michael Myers all grown up...

... exceptional work StoneA... and what a great gift the cleaver is!   
Bullet V2; RS 14x26; New Deal 9'6; BluePlanet 9'4

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2019, 01:24:32 PM »
Halloween Michael Myers all grown up...

... exceptional work StoneA... and what a great gift the cleaver is!   

+1 - If I don't sleep well tonight its Bob and Bill's fault for sure!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2019, 08:26:06 PM »
Thanks all.

Kaya - Just some acrylic paint

Luca - the table and chair aren't mine. I don't build too much regular furniture. I've done a couple chairs, a bakers cart, and a vanity. All came out nice but only one chair would I consider fine furniture...all pegged and cross wedged mortice and tenon. My big mans chair that I built after getting sick of destroying so many store bought ones.

The box is actually a solid piece of fir 2 x 10 split down the middle with a walnut veneered panel top and bottom and oak band trim. It's actually just kind of thrown together from scrap I had laying around. The knife depressions actually took the longest to do....I hand carved them in the fir.

No gallery likely. I give away most stuff either to charity or friends and family.....even some to strangers. I gave this birdhouse to the admin of a local FB page that I frequent. Enjoyable page with so many pictures and videos of the beach that it's almost like having a webcam....daily reports on conditions too.
She mentioned that she likes octopuses and is an avid sea glass and shell collector. We found a bunch of sea glass and shells on Baby beach (Maui) so I burnt an octopus and have it collecting some of it.

I'm going to do a few similar birdhouses to raffle and the big Manta is going to be an auction item at the CCBC.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:30:56 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi