General > Training, Diet, and Fitness

Strength Training Thoughts

<< < (5/5)

TallDude:
Since I started walking (a fast) 3 miles a day (with some steep hills), my legs have become so much stronger. It's improved my surfing too. I've started doing a few distance paddles each week as well. I used to run and ride my mountain bike but both started to inflamed my knees, so I would just paddle to stay fit. My legs didn't get much of a workout just paddling. After having surgery the beginning of this years, the only exercise I could do was walk. I was really feeling my legs getting stronger. So for now the walking and paddling is my current workout routine. No gym for me.
As far as my diet goes, I just bought a new BBQ and have been using it twice a week  :)

ukgm:
Two well sized dumbells and a rucksack full of plates in your garage and you can do loads of relevant work in 20 minutes.

Cruisinby:
ADD STRETCHING AND MINOR YOGA and you will go far,  Im 66 still prone surf, sup and windsurf.   My older friends who are profient all stretch and do minor yoga at home.   Dedication thru commetment will yield major dividends !    Find what works for you, your skill level and physic. 

paddle on youngster !   Hope to See when Im 90, Look for old one eyed bald headed fat man still havin fun !

APPST_Paddle:
Reviving this thread, pretty much plateau'ed for the last few months. I've done some TRX combos for a few weeks, and then I used the 3 month program from Surf Strength Fitness, which was a nice mix (but I've done it twice now). Looking for something to stay lean (I'm fluctating between 165-170 lb) but continue to strength legs, core, shoulders. I may work in some of the Dave Kalama mix - and focus on squats/deadlift/press variations.

That along with kiting/paddling roughly 5 times a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version