Author Topic: 4 peice paddle, does anyone know of a good one.  (Read 1743 times)

zacksc

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
4 peice paddle, does anyone know of a good one.
« on: August 15, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
I heard rumors about a 4 piece paddle, not adjustable, but in several sections so that the longest one is less that about 3' long.  Does anyone know about that?  Is that a real thing? I am hoping for a pretty good quality, light-weight paddle. Is that unrealistic? Does having several sections add a lot of weight?

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 4 peice paddle, does anyone know of a good one.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 05:47:07 PM »
I heard rumors about a 4 piece paddle, not adjustable, but in several sections so that the longest one is less that about 3' long.  Does anyone know about that?  Is that a real thing? I am hoping for a pretty good quality, light-weight paddle. Is that unrealistic? Does having several sections add a lot of weight?

I have a 3 piece that could be modified to be that way and it's hot glue adjustable as well,
with 10 inches range (70"-80"). weighs about 16oz, that's race weight territory.

Realistic enough? 3 years ago when I was looking for one it was futuristic  ;)

So if you don't mind using hot glue, to put the pieces together, you could contact ZRE
paddles and have them make one for you.

The only difference than mine is the you'll need the blade part little longer than my 18inches.

In the first pic you'll see my original plan for the paddle which is what you had in mind sort of.
the second picture is what I ended up with which a lot more simplistic and light.
in progress...

zacksc

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 08:41:50 PM »
Thank you.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 08:40:37 AM »
A spring clip joint is likely to be problematic on a paddle. Assembling it with hot glue is a better solution.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:26:01 AM »
A spring clip joint is likely to be problematic on a paddle. Assembling it with hot glue is a better solution.

For sure. With performance paddle the hot glue is definitely way to go!
Lighter as well an no need to deal with water intake.
in progress...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal