Author Topic: Cape Cod Bay Challenge 2018  (Read 18641 times)

Chaser

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cape Cod Bay Challenge 2018
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 12:26:02 PM »
Here is a great pic from the start at Scusset Beach and a cool one showing the finish area and venue (white tent).  22.4 miles in 7.5-hours.  Wind at our backs the whole time.  We could have done it in 6 hours (or better) but we needed to make sure family & friends could see us land in Duxbury so we took some extended breaks and had a really nice day on the water.

The hope is Duxbury Beach Reservation and Blakemans will have us back next year as it is an A+ venue.   
Whatever floats me

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 05:58:31 PM »
Here is a great pic from the start at Scusset Beach and a cool one showing the finish area and venue (white tent).  22.4 miles in 7.5-hours.  Wind at our backs the whole time.  We could have done it in 6 hours (or better) but we needed to make sure family & friends could see us land in Duxbury so we took some extended breaks and had a really nice day on the water.

Wow, 22 mile downbreezer, with sunshine (and a much more civilized start time!  ;D) sounds awesome! This may lure me back for next year's event. Congrats on another successful CCBC!

supthecreek

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 03:14:05 AM »
Really nice pictures Chaser!
That does look like a nice venue.

The new route and wind option should put this on the map for more paddlers in coming years.
I'd like to see that  :)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 02:19:33 PM »
Chaser also put together a little you tube photo recap of the day. Perfect song choice "Wind on my back" from the Elovators….this years CCBC band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BnslXtoEGU&t=2s
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »
Stoney:  VERY VERY cool!!!!!  Really enjoyed that!  Impressive flotilla of support boats too!

And beautiful pics!

I was a few miles south routing on a couple of other Zoners in another race which was a first for me to experience.  Everyone was incredibly supportive to all ages and abilities and that also came shining thru in your video.....no bashing, no BS, just fun and love for sharing time together enjoying Mother Ocean.

Nicely done and congrats to all who participated in the event.

Hope to see ya soon,  8)
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal