Author Topic: 👎SUP STOLEN off Del Mar Beach - STOLEN Stand Up Paddle Board - Help!  (Read 1492 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
My JP Australia SUP was stolen off the beach last night (Wednesday evening 8-8-2018). It was the 7'-4" JP Australia "Surf Pro Wide Body" version and looks just like the one in the photo. I left it on the beach about 50' north of the Del Mar lifeguard tower at the end of 25th street and when I came in from surfing close to sunset it was gone. I'm not a rich person so this really hurts!

NOTE: These JP Australia sups are rare (especially the "PRO" models), so if you see a board that looks like this then it could be mine.

It is a quad and had 2 black fiberglass Starboard fins in the front with 2 smaller fiberglass Guy Takayama fins in the back. It also had an FCS leash and rail tape. (All of that could be changed though.)

I posted several listings in the sporting goods section of the San Diego, Orange County and LA Craigslist.

Thank you.

Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 👎SUP STOLEN off Del Mar Beach - STOLEN Stand Up Paddle Board - Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »
Just a thought....

Change your CL ads from "SUP STOLEN" to "Looking for a JP Australia SUP to purchase". Right now if the thief is looking to sell the board quickly, you'll scare him off into hiding with a CL posting like that, but if he sees someone looking to buy something he has...hell, s/he just might be dumb or desperate enough to contact you, and you could be staring at your board sooner than you think.

That said, I'll keep my eye for it as Sano, Doho, and wherever else my travels take me.

Good luck, a best wishes in getting it back. Bummed that there's A-holes out there who will do things like this, but not all that surprised either I'm sorry to say.  >:( :(
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal