Author Topic: Home  (Read 2279 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Home
« on: August 02, 2018, 09:23:48 PM »
I've always enjoyed coming to Plymouth. We moved to the town because we enjoy it so much, the beach access, great restaurants, always things happening, the beach access....:). We'll grab a bite somewhere and take a walk, it's a pretty town with lots to look at...I could take a 100 pics and still not do it justice...history at every turn obviously and there has been a lot of work done in recent years to make it even nicer. Nice to call it home.

Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Home
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:25:19 AM »
Looks like a great place to live. You even get to park on the beach.

1st picture shows beach rock. Do you have agates or other precious stones in
your beach gravel?  I find agates of beauty and even sometimes jade on our beaches. I live
in a highly mineralized area so there are also other things to look for. I really enjoy
rocking at the beach. I also rock in the mountains. I found a couple of quartz veins
this summer. Anyway I mention it because it is a fun activity and can be rewarding.

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:52:00 AM »
Looks like a great place to live. You even get to park on the beach.

1st picture shows beach rock. Do you have agates or other precious stones in
your beach gravel?  I find agates of beauty and even sometimes jade on our beaches. I live
in a highly mineralized area so there are also other things to look for. I really enjoy
rocking at the beach. I also rock in the mountains. I found a couple of quartz veins
this summer. Anyway I mention it because it is a fun activity and can be rewarding.

New England doesn't have much interesting geology. No precious stones at the beach. Some people look for beach glass and shells. Metal detecting is very popular which is what I do when the surf is flat.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:55:00 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 11:04:23 AM »
I do find some interesting stuff. Like Badger says there isn't much local but I do find stuff that was left behind when the glaciers melted. There is a lot of quartz. I have a nice quartz crystal embedded in granite that I found in my backyard while digging to plant a tree and you'll find lots of granite cobbles with veins of quartz in them on the beach. I've always looked for interesting rocks and boulders to include in my landscaping. I had a rock garden at our old house....no plants in it at all just stone I had found interesting for one reason or another. My wife called it my "odd rock garden" . Even if not precious stones you can still find plenty of interest.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 05:22:00 PM »
So what is this area going to be like when sea levels rise 10-20ft. in the (?) future?
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 07:24:34 AM »
So what is this area going to be like when sea levels rise 10-20ft. in the (?) future?

The beach will be further inland and maybe whoever owns my home then will have an ocean view?
Bob

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »
I do find some interesting stuff. Like Badger says there isn't much local but I do find stuff that was left behind when the glaciers melted.
Till. We meet again.  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal