Stand Up Paddle > Canadian Maritimes

Novi Road Trip Sept

(1/3) > >>

rbgar:
Thinking of a 1st time road trip to Novi early Sept, driving up from RI to hopefully score SUP Surf and or kite surf. I'm good a finding spots but any local info on rubber needed: shorty, 3:2, 4:3, boots, gloves ????? Pretty stoked to check this area out. Cheers

outcast:
This stoke-bump was from last Sept  :
http://www.surfline.com/video/webisodes/full-edit-the-winding-coast_149912

It was good here, then 24 hours later, good there.

I would just go with a 4/3....Booties for rocks but shouldn't be worse....and you might be fine with a 3/2

Around Peggy's cove, but some put ins are tough

Have fun!!

Wetstuff:
There's a guy from the DC area, Steve Sabia, who surfs/kites/SUPs that does 1-2 trips a year there.  If I can get an email.  I will PM you.

Jim

surfercook:
I hit Nova Scotia late summer 2015. Nova Scotia means New Scotland. The drive from NJ to the Mainer border was 13 hrs, then another 3 hrs to the coast. Probably shave off at least four hrs from RI. I brought a 3/2 and boots, never suited up once. Regretted it once or twice during my three day stay, but mainly because the horseflies are HUGE there and pack a mean ass bite! There are alotta options there for surf spots.
I hit two of the most popular breaks. That being Lawrencetown and Cow Bay. They are quite close to Halifax which makes for a bit more of a crowded lineup but there were still not a whole lotta takers. Swell was nice too.
You will love Nova, rbgar. Place is so chill. btw- When I enunciated ur user name it sounded like a character outa Middle Earth!

Cow_Bay_Collage by surfercook, on Flickr

Cow_Bay_Collage_3 by surfercook, on Flickr

IMG_4673 by surfercook, on Flickr

rbgar:

--- Quote from: Wetstuff on August 02, 2018, 12:40:09 PM ---There's a guy from the DC area, Steve Sabia, who surfs/kites/SUPs that does 1-2 trips a year there.  If I can get an email.  I will PM you.

Jim

--- End quote ---

Holy smokes small world, I know Steve from Maryland, I sent him a bunch of carbon fiber stuff a bunch of years ago when I was building boats. Cool pls do!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version