Author Topic: SOLOSHOTedit-Session  (Read 1652 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
SOLOSHOTedit-Session
« on: July 27, 2018, 07:22:40 PM »
I've been on the beta testing team for the SOLOSHOTedit s/w program and this was the first go w/the new software. SS used my first video from the new s/w in the email release announcement. I actually trimmed the highlighted clips a bit in the new editor to shorten the video (by about 30 secs). The new s/w is so cool, it shows paths just like the Trace. But it's lacking the features most editors have such as color correction, transitions, effects, ect. It's quite convenient for a quick stack of clips though.
This day was a bit overcast and grey so the picture is really dull. But the waves were pretty nice for very short period windswell.

https://app.soloshot.com/video/52dc73e4-a2f2-4940-ab66-5776003f2a55

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: SOLOSHOTedit-Session
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »
Hi,

Any suggestions?

Updated to the new firmware that supports Soloshot edit. My ipad will no longer recognize the videos. I checked that there were videos on a laptop......they were there. I have contacted Soloshot support but no reply yet. Also the Soloshot edit software download will not download onto my iPad.

Darn.....I hope that iPads are still supported.

Bob

Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 06:38:13 PM »
FRP- sorry, can't help ya wit da iPad...maybe a deck pad!  :P I have only used the SSedit a few times now. It's just not powerful enough compared to my Powerdirector or Premiere. good luck on the support.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »
Third edit/render in SSedit. Lasso tool is key for adding highlights in SSedit. Finally figured out how to do that on my third edit. I added some beach scenes and water entry/exit to my edit. Also reduced the overall time of the video by trimming paddling into the wave and the post kickout footage.

Riviera Nugg got some clean ones this day.

https://app.soloshot.com/video/cff98905-8e5f-4b8e-adc2-9588e6f02d9e

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal