Author Topic: Hala vs Red Paddle Voyager 13'2" vs 12'6"  (Read 16893 times)

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hala vs Red Paddle Voyager 13'2" vs 12'6"
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
Maybe it's the gauge. My Red Paddle Titan Pump won't hold pressure in the hose at all - it immediately bleeds off. I observe pressure as I put it in and observe psi as I apply steady pumping to see what it is up to - it has been that way since day one.

When inflating Reds, you are supposed to have the board's valve closed, sprung plunger up or out position. The hoses supplied with Red pumps do not have the internal piece that depresses the plunger. The force of pumping opens the valve and pushes air in. The Titan pump is designed in such a way where it does not hold pressure in the hose. The back pressure disrupts the valve setup. So, you only get a true reading of the board's pressure when you are pushing down and forcing air into the board, which opens the valve and pressures the system, and moves the gauge. At rest the needle will move down and come to rest at a certain PSI, this is not the board's pressure.

Funny this isn't clearly described on a label on the pump  - maybe in the manual -who reads those? :D  You get an "idea" of pressure  -  but a slow push on the handle seems to bleed off pressure  - might be a bit lower than actual in the board - and  fast push builds up more than is in the board, it will run up to 30 when I am close to 25  - might be worth getting one of those adapters that have a gauge and a schrader valve fitting.

I have a pretty good 12V tire inflater, a Quick-Air II - it would probably go from 15 to 22 a lot faster than I can. Certainly easier :D - but it won't shut itself off like my little Seyvlor pump.

https://www.amazon.com/WAKOODA-Inflation-Valve-Gauge-Granted/dp/B076KSQKJB/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1534365167&sr=8-4&keywords=sup+valve+adapter

10generation

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Hala vs Red Paddle Voyager 13'2" vs 12'6"
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2018, 11:46:44 PM »
Sorry guys,  been off for a while.

I inflate to 22-25 - simple reason, more pressure, stiffer. I weigh about 220. Have had zero problems.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal