Author Topic: Ichabod Encounters Nude  (Read 2736 times)

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
Ichabod Encounters Nude
« on: July 19, 2018, 04:50:13 AM »
Constitution Marsh is one of the best paddles off the Hudson. I’ve posted pics before. Lovely place, right across the river from West Point. I’ve heard for years that there’s a waterfall at the extreme north end of the marsh. This waterfall has been kind of a white whale for me. I’ve gone after it at least twice and gotten stuck in the mud or hit a dead end through the reeds.

Today was going to be the day! I was on my tough, floaty Pau Hana, the tide was high, and I recently got detailed directions to get there. I even recorded the adventure on my GoPro. I took a wrong turn through some weeds and had to backtrack once, but I finally found the right way. It was a narrow twisty channel with the marsh bank on one side and the reeds on the other, completely hidden from normal view. I gingerly paddles the length until the marsh ended. Then I heard it — the sound of water cascading! I was on a narrow stream but it was just deep enough for my fin. Onwards to the falls!

I paddle a very short distance with the team turning 180 degrees, and suddenly there it was. The waterfall. It was bigger than I imagined, with many rivulets, like something out of romance novel. There was even a pool beneath. I noticed someone had strung up a hammock nearby, and a radio was one, so there were people nearby. Whatever. I just wanted some pictures of the falls.

As I stepped into clear view of the pool, I saw it was a couple in waist deep water. Neither was wearing anything above the belt, and from what I could tell neither had anything on below. The girl was kind of laughing in an embarrassed way, using her hands as a makeshift bikini top. Okay, a little embarrassing, and funny, but there’s a wrinkle. These kids were obviously locals and this waterfall was four miles from the school I teach at. That meant these skinny-dippers were most likely former students! Okay, so this is also a small community, and word gets around. I was in enough trouble at work. Let’s just say I didn’t need a rumor that I was creeping around my former students, taking nude pictures.

So I beat a retreat. I wanted that good pic of the falls, but even that would probably get me in trouble. I took the pic from my board and headed home. My GoPro was out of juice anyway, and I had to pick up my kid. I'll post the video when it's ready.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ichabod Encounters Nude
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »
A classic example of how our modern day society has become hypersensitive in the light of sexual harassment, Harvey Weinstein, sex between teachers and students, and helicopter parents, along with our modern day media that loves to put this stuff on the front page.
I'm sorry you felt that way, but it's not really your fault.
It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 11:19:28 AM »
icky, given these young people were clearly trying to cover up and embarrassed, and given you likely knew them professionally as children during your time as a school teacher, you made the right decision to not take pictures of them and to walk away. and, yeah, it would have in fact been creepy to spy on them and take pictures. but youre not a creep.

i am sorry that you are still at risk of school admins twisting shlt to try to discredit you. great world.

and the problem with sexual harassment, rape, and other abuses of power to get sex from other people (you know, behavior like that engaged by animals like harvey weinstein, matt lauer, and other "grab em by the pussy" types), has little to do with hypersensitivity

unless you think that kind of behavior isnt really a problem

the problem has to do with this kind of evil crap going on for years, where it was quite prevalent, where there was zero sensitivity to it

thk goodness our "modern day society" and media is no longer sweeping this stuff under the carpet

for me, where rape and sexual abuse and sexual coercion are concerned, there is no hypersensitivity---there is only evil to be put down

and there are false accusations for all types of crime--let's take care to sort all of those out--but let's stop the rape and sexual coercion--unless of course we're good with that type of behavior
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 05:18:22 PM »
Nekkid beach at Privates where I routinely launch became a ho-hum bore after the first ten minutes or so.

They like to set up paddle sports, so I guess there must be some kind of special sensation to flopping your junk around jumping in the open air.

Sometimes, people don't know the designated area, and nekkid at the other parts, too.  I was coming in one day, and the stairs area was empty except for one naked girl.  She stood up and put on briefs and a t-shirt, then shorts, as I approached, and was up the stairs before I beached.   There is no reasonable and uncompromised etiquette for such situations, except to pretend it doesn't exist and don't look too much.

At 41st street parking lot one day, I crossed the street and two women had their wetsuits peeled down and were walking back and forth to the shower topless.  They were speaking German.  I gather that in Europe, most beaches are to some extent clothing optional, so they probably just thought it was OK.

2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 07:56:29 PM »
I thought the whole situation was pretty funny. of course, I could have made it bad, but I'm way too cautious a person to do that.

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 05:01:18 AM »
There was a time when the nudity would have been the scandal and not the guy who just happened upon the scene.
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 06:36:49 AM »
Yeah, it's funny how things have turned around. I'm a little prudish when it comes to nudity anyway.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
Super cool you found that waterfall, Ichy. I went to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park and can appreciate the beauty of the Hudson Valley first hand. Visited some cool waterfalls near New Paltz a coupla times. Of course that was 1980 and sup wasn't even a preconception back then!
As far as nudity...well, not a fan of public nudity but in the backwoods it's ok.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 01:38:33 PM »
so you are a cook, cookie--i knew people at bard and cia in 1980--skinny dipped with hundreds of stoned out hippies at "smitty's" in new paltz late 70's too--wild scene all over dutchess county--smitty's you hike about a half mile, come upon a big-flow mountain creek with nude folk all around--swimming camping sexing drugging--new paltz was crazy--biker bars hippies deadheads smitty's--used to hitchhike from my parents' house in millbrook--yes, that millbrook, where tim leary and disciples of the League for Spiritual Discovery were set up on the incredible 5000 acre mellon family estate--a classmate of my was a mellon grandchild, so when 12 or 13 we'd patrol the hippie camp on our mini bikes--bizarro--meanwhile my nixon-republican dad was doing probono work with g gordon liddy (of watergate fame) to try to rid millbrook of this scene--poor guy soon found his son (me) all longhaired--took a while for us to get close again, but all good now, thk goodness

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 07:08:29 AM »
skinny dipped with hundreds of stoned out hippies at "smitty's" in new paltz
Thanx for that! I so couldn't remember the name of that unique geographical location. It was so cool going there and hangin' in the waterfall during summer heat waves.
Also enjoyed your story telling...espesh the part about you reconnecting w/ur dad.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal