Author Topic: Better Than Nothing Video  (Read 4966 times)

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Better Than Nothing Video
« on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »
I posted some pics from the past couple of days and since I am still on standby at home I decided tomake a video last night.  Nothing great but I think the music really made it turn out well.  All riding except for one really small wave was the past couple of days here in FL.  All was done on the PSH 9'6AA and 9'6Ripper.  Not the most extreme SUPing but they were fun sessions. The quality is down a little as I was not sure how big to make it.  And like the title says, the days were Better Than Nothing. Thanks to Bmaui for helping me upload.  Enjoy! ;D

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 05:37:33 AM by Admin »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Better Than Nothing Video
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:26:02 AM »
Great vid.. Thanks..  ;D

DJ

Byronmaui

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »
Right on Todd....Beauty of it all is no one but you and the dolphins.....Way cool..

Aloha

Byron

P.S. Hint: No need to embed just copy link in address bar... ;D

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:32:09 AM »
Fun looking waves Tod. We had smaller size but just as clean. Looks like the
 PSH 9-6 treats you right. I posted the video on my site to share with all of us here. Mahalo  ....Talk to ya soon.  Glen
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »
Ah... Fugazi... saw them a couple of times in the early '90's.... sweet choice for music on that one! Florida looks super fun- totally workable little walls. Nice video and props to whoever you got to film you too- pretty steady on the cam. 

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »
"Better Than Nothing"? Looks pretty damn good from here... :). Nice fun waves and all alone with the dolphins...sounds like a great day to me.

And I agree with John's comment about your videographer....I'd post some of the vids my wife has taken of me except that I don't think anyone wants to watch video of the sky or her feet....well after watching me surf maybe they would... ;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Jon E.B.

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »
I have tried to play Moto's video but nothing happens - what gives?

awe

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »
Tod,
Great session, no one else out, you got the spot to yourself,  fun waves...most guys only dream of conditions like that ;D ;D ;D

ALOHA

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 02:19:01 AM »
looks like you had a blast.  great vid!

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 06:02:58 AM »
John EB, I just played it here on the site so it should work.  Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks to my videographer (wife). She is very stoked.  Except for the choppy section these were all shot at early morning so we were out of the house before sunrise.  She is actually getting pretty good at he filming.  Stoneaxe, best advice is get a good tripod and a good chair, and maybe bring home a bottle of wine once in a while.  That helps a lot.  The camera we are using is a Sony handycam SR-11.  Really small but with a telephoto lens it shoots great quality (should see it on the HDTV at home, crystal clear).  Thanks also to Byron for fixing my link.

Well looks like FL is going to get a swell this afternoon hopefully again.  But the wife is going to work (pilot) so no video today.

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 06:50:12 AM »
Great Video!

Jon E.B.

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 02:37:30 PM »
Moto,
I still cannot get your vid to work. I went to vimeo and, even though I could view other vids, I could not watch yours. Maybe I am missing something...
 Anybody got any ideas?

Byronmaui

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »
Moto,
I still cannot get your vid to work. I went to vimeo and, even though I could view other vids, I could not watch yours. Maybe I am missing something...
 Anybody got any ideas?

I have had no problem viewing. Watched it a ton of times.....Try clearing cookies and all that kind of stuff with browser then load up page and see what happens. Not a computer expert but might help.

Aloha

Byron

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 03:57:38 PM »
Hey Moto... I can sense the video sickness coming on... you've got all the symptoms. I'm hopelessly hooked on it myself- we all chip in and pay a kid to shoot and edit our sessions (but he's been grabbing one of the extra sups lately and I think he may be hooked soon... damn!). Can't wait to see more!

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 05:20:30 PM »
Hey Moto... I can sense the video sickness coming on... you've got all the symptoms. I'm hopelessly hooked on it myself- we all chip in and pay a kid to shoot and edit our sessions (but he's been grabbing one of the extra sups lately and I think he may be hooked soon... damn!). Can't wait to see more!
\
I know what you mean.  The wife has to fly for the next 5 days.........And there are waves.  On the way to the airport she said "are you going to miss me?", you bet cause I have no one to shoot video when you are gone, LOL.  Yeah that went over really well.

We both have vacation next month so hopefully some surf and we are going to make some more.  Really liking the Vegas Pro editing software.  I am sure there is better but it was free so cannot complain. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal