Author Topic: Ultimate hydration pack suggestions? What do you use?  (Read 19048 times)

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate hydration pack suggestions? What do you use?
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2018, 03:19:55 PM »
I use a DaKine Hydration Pack (https://www.dakine.com/en-ca/bags/backpacks/surf-backpacks/waterman-hydration-pack-backpack/?source=search). I like it, although I sometimes find the pockets are too small. What I do like is that it fits comfortably over my PFD. I wear the Kokatat Orbit PFD (https://kokatat.com/product/orbit-tour-pfd-lvuobt) and the DaKine Pack fits over it comfortably.

Having said this, both Burchas’ and Robert’s posts about the EO pack with chest module got me thinking.

So for Burchas and / or Robert, and I know this may be a difficult question to answer, but would you have any idea if the EO pack, with the chest module attached, would fit over a PFD? From the pictures I’m guessing it would not be a comfortable fit, but any thoughts you might have would be appreciated.

Should also mention I suppose, that I know Burchas you said you wear the EO pack with chest module over the Vaikobi PFD. But it looks like the Vaikobi is not near as bulky as what I have, and I really don’t want to replace my PFD. So if the EO pack and chest protector would fit over a regular PFD (eg. - Kokatat Orbit) then I think I’d get it, but I’m not going to replace my PFD just to get a new hydration pack.

Thanks.

Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »
I know Burchas you said you wear the EO pack with chest module over the Vaikobi PFD.

The Vaikobi PFD has its own hydration system which can host the same dual bladder (3L)
with left and right  fitting for tubes and includes 2 OK front pockets. I only use the EO
when I'm not using the Vaikobi PFD.

I still have the Kokatat Orbit but have long stopped using it since it was too bulky. I didn't
like the EO over it and I had fitted a camelback 3L bladder to go with it but it was far
from a good experience.
in progress...

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »
Thanks Burchas,

For your reply.

As always, very much appreciated.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
I am like Burchas, I combine pfd and hydration in one piece of gear. Except in my case it is a Mocke instead of Vaikobi but same idea.
Specially in the winter or DW on my own.
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal