Stand Up Paddle > Flatwater and Touring

Lake Washington, Washington

(1/4) > >>

deepmud:
I went to Seattle for a week for my eldest daughter's graduation (Marine Biologist) - brought my Blue Planet iSup along. Lots of lugging for about an hour and half on the water - but I found a cool wetlands kind of in the middle of the freeways. Just down from the Japanese Garden in the UW district. Beautiful - if noisy with rush hour traffic zooming by on all sides. Spotted a few heron, an otter (really brief flash but I recognized the furry body) and some big fish in the lily pads startled me good :D

deepmud:
I met a local coming out as I was unloading - but only a couple of rented canoes on the water. It was a weekday and rush hour...so that was part of it :D

spirit4earth:
That’s a great place to paddle and walk.  Lots of ospreys and eagles there.  There are many great places to paddle near Seattle, and summers are amazing.  Winters, not so much.

deepmud:
When I visit in Seattle winter it's kind of like August here :D

Part of what fascinated me was how urban this landscape was - highways swooping all around me while in "wilderness" - while here, there is a lot of wilderness and very little urban.

spirit4earth:
I lived in Seattle (for the third time) for the last year.  It’s great in so many ways, but WAY too crowded and expensive.  There are amazing pockets of beauty there, though.  There’s a good chance I’ll go back.
Where is “here”?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version