Author Topic: And so my new journey begins  (Read 4930 times)

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: And so my new journey begins
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 06:20:44 AM »
See you out there cowboy. On high tide with a swell when it's empty that looks like an ideal spot to foil. Could maybe do this beach takeoff with the backwash...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkDzl8UBm4Y/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=66nh2y6c6ofj

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:22:42 AM by SaMoSUP »

fatfish

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 11:55:26 AM »
So for your comedic relief, i was caught on the Surfline Cam flailing on my first go out.  Water was pretty turbulent for my initial paddle out.  Ended up proning into my first wave, man that board bucked me out so quickly.  Didnt realize how back footed I am, good for standard surfing not for foiling.

It was getting near sunset at the time so decided to collect my thoughts and review/discuss with other experts before heading out again.  Hopefully work schedule permitting will get out again later this week.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 03:36:12 PM »
Yeah, there's lots of dues to pay, and lots of ways to hit the water. Just keep at it. Start off just trying to get the board up off the water a little and puch it back down. Once you are TOTALLY comfortable and a little bored with that, start lifting it higher. As you go higher youll have less drag so the board will accelerate and come higer on it's own. Be ready for that with a little more front foot weight. Most important--keep your truck twisted so you're facing forward. If you do all your natural corrections will be front to back. If your ass is sticking out you won't have pitch control and all your automatic movements will make you weight one wing or the other--meaning you'll tip and fall, and potentially jackknife, which is bad.

You'll do lots of this. Worth it.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal