Stand Up Paddle > Flatwater and Touring

2014 Bark Expedition 14': feedback

(1/2) > >>

singingdog:
Looking for a tripping/open water board and one of these popped up at a good price. I can't find much info on this specific model, would love to know if anyone has feedback: pros and cons. I already have lightweight 14 for training and hammering around the flats. I am looking for something that can handle a load and messy conditions. Thanks.

Area 10:
Is this the old style one (looks like a big surfboard, came mostly in yellow or red deck)?

Luc Benac:
If it is the one on SUP used boards for Sale Canada then it is the TWC surfy older design not the new Downwinder design.

Dusk Patrol:
I think everyone should own one of these, for a while at least, it's such a unique piece of kit. I swore I would never sell mine, until I sold it of course. Lighter and newer took priority in my limited storage.

It glides like no tomorrow.
OceanAddict has one I believe.

Norm Haan used one in the environment Singingdog is asking about. Literally an expedition:

https://normhann.com/2010/10/the-14-surftech-joe-bark-expedition-board-review/

Eagle:
Yeah Norm brought his really old -> yellow and white on a DW run years ago.  First time I had met him.  He looked at my M14 and said "Nice looking board!"

Then proceeded down the boat ramp at Porteau.  Jumped on his board -> and literally got his Expedition to plane away from us.  Talked to him later and he told me he really liked his board for DW and cruising around.  But then he is a really skilled strong paddler -> especially over long distances.  No doubt one of the best if not the best in our area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version