Author Topic: 9'11" Hull Ripper  (Read 3430 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
9'11" Hull Ripper
« on: June 06, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »
First few sessions on it.

https://youtu.be/OT04jeKJl94
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

supcymru

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: 9'11" Hull Ripper
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 02:02:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing another great video - I really appreciate the effort you put into them and also the honesty as you show a variety of rides and also the paddles out back too. The waves in the first half of the video look sweet and the new board is going great-you gotta love the bargain price!

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »
@ surfercook

That was an excellent video. Your camera had some real nice close shots of you on your board. I spent quite a bit of time looking at how you moved your feet when paddling out to the waves and also watching them when you were surfing the waves. Ditto for your paddle handling too.

In the waves close to the jetty, those are the types of waves I encounter down at Surfside, Texas. I liked your video so much, I saved it to my favorites, in a folder, so I can study the the video in greater detail.

BTW, thanks for showing the 5 fin boxes on the underside of the tail end of your board. Many people don't show the fin boxes in their videos. And last, but definitely not least, I liked the way you propped up your board, rail side down, resting on the sand with your paddle. I've never tried that.

I got a lot out of watching your video. Thanks for sharing it.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 08:42:12 AM »
Cookie,
Looks like: A. you've got yourself a board that fits you like a glove, and B. you've become a master with the soloshot.  Maybe the best video I've seen yet shot on that set up.  Thanks for sharing and keep 'em comin'.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »
Cool you guys are stoked on my new board and vid. Thanx, SlatchJim, Nightwing, and supcymru. curious as to why you guys have chosen your particular user names. Very interesting handles.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

supcymru

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
Good question, cookie! I'm from Wales, UK and as a first language Welsh speaker I chose supcymru as 'Cymru' is Welsh for 'Wales'. I look forward to hearing the other explanations!

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 09:15:31 AM »
curious as to why you guys have chosen your particular user names. Very interesting handles.
Merriam-Webster says of Slatch: a calm between breaking waves.  It's where I do some of my best work.
I started on the Zone as SlowOldJim but soon realized that while slow, I wasn't the actual slowest, while old, I was nowhere near the oldest, but I did get the Jim part right.  I carried "Jim" over with the use of a relatively archaic term I was hoping to bring back into general circulation.  :)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 02:48:36 PM »
curious as to why you guys have chosen your particular user names. Very interesting handles.
Merriam-Webster says of Slatch: a calm between breaking waves.  It's where I do some of my best work.
I started on the Zone as SlowOldJim but soon realized that while slow, I wasn't the actual slowest, while old, I was nowhere near the oldest, but I did get the Jim part right.  I carried "Jim" over with the use of a relatively archaic term I was hoping to bring back into general circulation:)
Cool...I'm in!!  ;) ;D
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 03:48:16 PM »
Lol...you guys are slatchers! For real it's a very cool term describing the ebb in between waves. A relaxing time b4 the drama.

supnsurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 04:50:11 PM »
Very Cool !
Rawson 8'8" Impala

L41 8'8"

supthecreek

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 05:19:57 AM »
Nice one cookieman, I missed this 1st time around.

Liking the "Name Game"... I'll play

mine was more of a way to hide.
As  a lifelong surfer, I always used "Riksurf"

I came up with a name that no one would ever equate to me.
Since I loved paddling the out of the way places, supthecreek fit the bill.
Damn... I've been outed  ;D

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 03:37:05 PM »
Since I loved paddling the out of the way places, supthecreek fit the bill.
Damn... I've been outed  ;D
Made me lol....needed that on this rainy dreary day here in NJ.  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal