Author Topic: Many pictures of Maldives surf trip  (Read 4621 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Many pictures of Maldives surf trip
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 02:21:34 PM »
Bert is a goofy footer and we couldn't find a left for him. The spot we spent most of our time, Mikados, had a left near by, but a tug boat and rock barge parked on top of it a few years ago and no more left. If you see some boats and structures behind the surf in some of the pictures, that them.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 09:16:39 PM »
I'm sold. Looks like the ultimate sup boat trip. I'm assuming that third picture is you riding in your natural regular foot stance? My wife is pressuring me to do a trip since we skipped it this winter. lucky me. But we might end up back in Nicaragua. Tough luck...yea right!
https://photos.smugmug.com/Vacation/Maldives2018/i-QFtwJ69/0/723c67b1/M/IMG_6042-M.jpg
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »
I'm sold. Looks like the ultimate sup boat trip. I'm assuming that third picture is you riding in your natural regular foot stance? My wife is pressuring me to do a trip since we skipped it this winter. lucky me. But we might end up back in Nicaragua. Tough luck...yea right!
https://photos.smugmug.com/Vacation/Maldives2018/i-QFtwJ69/0/723c67b1/M/IMG_6042-M.jpg

How did you all get wives that want to do adventurous stuff like that? 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 10:55:08 AM »
How did you all get wives that want to do adventurous stuff like that?
Mine loves to travel. I could drag her to a war torn African nation and she'd be happy! Here we are enjoying the city of Leon in Nicaragua. But she won't camp w/me anymore. Can't say I blame her, tent living grows tiresome in a hurry.

P1200823 by surfercook, on Flickr

P1200778 by surfercook, on Flickr

P1200855 by surfercook, on Flickr

Tent_life by surfercook, on Flickr
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 11:29:08 AM »
Cookie, Yeah, that's me. It was pretty funny that almost every time I was surfing, the camera man was out surfing with me, so not a lot of pictures of me. He did get tons of photos of Bert and James, which is what he was paid to do. He will be producing two videos, one to promote Sunova and one to promote Moon Tours SUP trips.

Thoughts on wives and non-surfers. There were a few of them on the trip and they were a bit bored. Several of them went on scuba trips, which were very good, but they were near the surf breaks, not the A+ locations. Two years ago the water inside the atolls got too warm for too long and all the coral is bleached. Snorkeling from the boat was pretty depressing even though there were quite a few fish. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal