Author Topic: Sharing Strategies from other Sports  (Read 40342 times)

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Outdoor Photography
    • Email
Re: Sharing Strategies from other Sports
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
You guys choose to get stuck on one single aspect: DUGOUT boards vs. non-dugout boards. To each its own, but that's not going to go a long way into sharing strategies from other sports.

Kind of funny of seemingly no one has mentioned a thing about the DeBrito Bailer that could potentially be installed on a SUP board. Heck, how many of you have looked at a DeBrito in real life and used one? Heck, why aren't you even inquiring about how difficult it would be to have one installed?

Anyway, somewhat pointless -
I am trying to share some ideas... but instead of showing 1/2 an interest, you guys are flipping out because it goes against your personal beliefs of what a board should be or should look like.

Funny thing, really.
Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"
Nelo Surfski 560M - 18'4" x 17"

ukgm

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2018, 04:36:57 AM »
... but instead of showing 1/2 an interest, you guys are flipping out because it goes against your personal beliefs of what a board should be or should look like.

No, that's not true at all (much of the feedback you've been given are actually quite practical issues) and any time I challenge you on certain points you choose to cherry pick which ones you answer. If you want to debate this, sure, but debate it all.

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Outdoor Photography
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2018, 04:52:15 AM »
More than 9000 views, nearly 20 pages... but my only goal was to start a SHARING PROCESS that would include strategies from other sports.

There was some good stuff shared along the way, but let's be honest here: for the most part, people aren't about sharing as much as they are about arguing.

I am however sorry if I didn't answer all of your questions. Sometimes, I feel like I ramble so much that answering / debating additional features on someone's post seems... well... "just too much".

Perhaps suffice to say that I'm gonna chill out - and just paddle my heart out.

I will add one thing about Innovations though - specifically about the Nelo board that I will be chilling on.

THE BOARD
Nearly 100 days on the board so far. I freekin love it. In fact, I am getting used to its limitations (for lighter paddlers) but the thing is like a rocket. Keeping up with the board is proving rather difficult for the locals - no matter the conditions. So, yes... freekin amazing stuff. The board is still a feather, and it still looks like it's brand new (no skimming on gelcoat - so durability of the finish is just icing on the cake).

Sadly, and according to you guys, few people will ever enjoy such a hollow featherweight board, and less will actually ever opt for an even lower standing area than the current Nelo. You may be 100% right, but I'd rather just paddle my heart out.
Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"
Nelo Surfski 560M - 18'4" x 17"

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2018, 11:02:00 AM »
THE BOARD
Nearly 100 days on the board so far.

Bottom line AND the biggest dilemma so far is that the new board appears slower with my 59 kilos on it.

Sure... only 3 days on it so far

Hmm?  This comment by ukgm seems valid.
"No, that's not true at all (much of the feedback you've been given are actually quite practical issues) and any time I challenge you on certain points you choose to cherry pick which ones you answer."
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »
A few other observations.  First you wanted a super fast spear to do the 11 City Tour.  Pages+++ were spent giving you a ton of excellent input on what would be the best design for UL and 14s for flat water in different threads.

"You are right though: at 54 kilos, I wouldn't have placed my order for version 2.0"

Then you end up keeping the Nelo 2.0 which is not suited for your super light 118.8 lb body weight and not a board you would buy -> if you were given a choice.  By your own admission.  Now you also say you no longer want to do 11 Cities.

Area asks that you just design the board of your dreams and basically quit patronizing.  Also questioning if you are just trolling and not responding to questions.  Hmm?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:51:34 AM by Eagle »
Fast is FUN!   8)

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2018, 12:02:50 PM »
^ maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but do I recognize a
concerning pattern of inconsistency in the above... food for thoughts ;)
in progress...

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2018, 12:28:52 PM »
I think we need to cut Photo some slack...he was getting hit from all directions. I don't think he expected the response he received. I'd have been ducking for cover... :)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
I think we need to cut Photo some slack...he was getting hit from all directions. I don't think he expected the response he received. I'd have been ducking for cover... :)

I would have him share his great photos rather than those questionable
illusive strategies. He'd be pretty much guaranteed getting complements
rather than bitchslapped.
in progress...

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »

I would have him share his great photos rather than those questionable
illusive strategies. He'd be pretty much guaranteed getting complements
rather than bitchslapped.

Yup.  100%.  Always like nice photos with bokeh taken with a high qual lens.  ;)
Fast is FUN!   8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal