Author Topic: Zane and Mo at Pipeline  (Read 2466 times)

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Zane and Mo at Pipeline
« on: June 11, 2018, 04:57:59 AM »
Great Video.  Somehow I missed this one.

Notice how far FORWARD they are standing on the bigger waves.  I noticed this from photos when I was in Fiji.  You think you are going to tear it up but are forced to stand forward to catch the wave and maintain speed down the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YiwwMFrB8M

J-Bird

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Zane and Mo at Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 07:47:21 AM »
Very cool.

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »
Respect goes all ways in Hawaii..... stoked to see this!

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 12:00:25 PM »
 It's not the hat that makes a good cowboy.

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »
Good to see others accepted sup as another surf board.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »
Beasho, do yo think it's the drag that is keeping these guys from making those tube rides? It might be timing. I see guys holding their hands in the wave to stall and then just getting buried. Or, is it that we just don't see as many guys not make waves on shortboards in surf media?

It is crazy the freight train race that they are on on that wave. I can't imagine pulling that bottom turn and then setting up for that.

Kainoa McGee's wave was insane. Just pose and drive it into that closeout. Staggering how comfortable you can become around a wave like that.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »
Beasho, do yo think it's the drag that is keeping these guys from making those tube rides? It might be timing. I see guys holding their hands in the wave to stall and then just getting buried. Or, is it that we just don't see as many guys not make waves on shortboards in surf media?

It is crazy the freight train race that they are on on that wave. I can't imagine pulling that bottom turn and then setting up for that.

Kainoa McGee's wave was insane. Just pose and drive it into that closeout. Staggering how comfortable you can become around a wave like that.

It would have been interesting to see if shorboarders were making those waves then. You didn't ax me but I think it's because it's easy to do micro pumps in the tube on a shortboard but hard on a sup because of the width and volume.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »
Hey, does anyone know why there's been a virtual of competitive sup surfing videos? Two or three years ago they would film hours of these contests and then upload the footage to Youtube. (Sunset, Da Hui Shootout, Huntington Beach) Now they only release little two minute highlight videos. Did the money dry up?
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal